2 issues with my 2000 Mustang GT I need help with

Mark1647545493

First problem is I'm getting a code of P0422 "Evap small leak detected" Anyone got a evap-approved smoke machine?

Second problem is with the ABS. The ABS light will intermittently come on. I googled and found the ABS codes, but haven't figured out how to get the codes from the car without an ABS code scanner.

Anyone have an ABS code scanner or know how to get the codes without one?

any help would be greatly appreciated

Guest Removed
First problem is I'm getting a code of P0422 "Evap small leak detected" Anyone got a evap-approved smoke machine?

Second problem is with the ABS. The ABS light will intermittently come on. I googled and found the ABS codes, but haven't figured out how to get the codes from the car without an ABS code scanner.

Anyone have an ABS code scanner or know how to get the codes without one?

any help would be greatly appreciated

and if it dont smoke? purge noid could be dirty. or you can shut that stuff off in a programmer(if you have one)

what are the codes?

and if it dont smoke? purge noid could be dirty. or you can shut that stuff off in a programmer(if you have one)

what are the codes?

no programmer yet, but looking it to it and the only code I'm getting is the P0422 from an ODB2 code scanner.

I have no idea what code I'm getting on the ABS system.

You don't need an ABS scanner to get the codes. You just need OBD-II with ABS capability. I'm not sure what Autozone has but you could always try having them pull the codes for you.

I read that on the earlier SN95's there is an Orange/white wire on the ABS control module that can be grounded and that puts the ABS into diagnostic mode then you just count the ABS light flashes to get the code, but I haven't been able to find out if it's the same on the later model SN95's.

Thanks guys, I'll give Autozone a try.

Guest Removed
I read that on the earlier SN95's there is an Orange/white wire on the ABS control module that can be grounded and that puts the ABS into diagnostic mode then you just count the ABS light flashes to get the code, but I haven't been able to find out if it's the same on the later model SN95's.

Thanks guys, I'll give Autozone a try.

on the 95 and earlier cars there is a test connector for the abs just like the eec. is red and normally close to or far away from the engine one. and you can pull codes from it with a test light just like you can the eec self test connector.

but we are not talking about a 95 or earlier.. is this not a 2000?

you can swing it by my cousin's shop and he will pull the codes for you.

on the 95 and earlier cars there is a test connector for the abs just like the eec. is red and normally close to or far away from the engine one. and you can pull codes from it with a test light just like you can the eec self test connector.

but we are not talking about a 95 or earlier.. is this not a 2000?

you can swing it by my cousin's shop and he will pull the codes for you.

Yep, it's a 2000. Where is your cousin's shop located? I appreciate it Rob.

Guest Removed
Rob, Do you have the ability to do the Evap smoke test? I think this is a problem I would like a professional to work on.

i have been looking for a smoke machine..have you tryed the gas cap, and or checked the seal to make sure its sealing up?