WTB: handgun

Bam

Thanks Scotty, I just put $300 down as a starting point, because I didn't want people coming here thinking I wanted to drop a grand on a super fancy pistol.

I'm willing to pay for a quality piece, but honestly I'm so new to this that I'm not sure what's good and what isn't. I have been doing quite a bit of research in the past week though.

It seems no firearm is without its faults, so it's not an easy answer, though some are better than others.

I will check into a glock 21 and moss 590 mariner, thanks for the suggestions.

and bump, still looking for something

I bought scotty's Mossberg 500 for $300 last year. great deal for a great gun, sits under my bed every night and i sleep like a baby :)

As you said, every gun has its faults, the easiest way to go about shopping is to narrow down your choices by its purpose. So whats your purpose? Home defense = shotgun (mossberg 500 or Remington 870) easily in your 300$ range.

CCW piece? think Glock 26 or some sort of subcompact gun in 9mm, .40 or .45 If you look hard you can find one for around 350-400.

Or do you just want a handgun to leave on the nightstand and occassionally take to the range? I would personally recommend any Glock 9mm. But there are guys who prefer the M&P guns, or the XD's. For a beginner (like myself) i'd stick to 9mm, at the very least shoot different calibers before you buy.

If you look hard you might be able to find a good piece for 300, but honestly if you have $500 to spend your options are PLENTY.

guns are priced way to high there i think i saw a hi point 9mm for like a 175 u can buy it for 109 at vances there is alot of rifles there and shotguns not that many handguns though i live 5 mins from it take 62 towards johnstown turn right on sportsman club road follow signs from there

Vance's is running some good sales and has a 6-month same as cash thing going on. I'm going to go try to pick up an AR15 tomorrow. We'll see.

Ooh, thanks for the heads up, may go there tomorrow as well.