New car ideas?

matty2431

I wonder how good the R8s are in the winter. I think i'd be too scared. The R8 would have to be okayed by the father, as it would most likely be the R replacement and then I would get a daily driver anyway. Any cooper S owners have something to say? I want something that hugs the road very well, and I mean is basically super glued.

I love the lancer, and to whom every tried to knock it, you should never open your mouth again unless its to catch shit. Just bored, the interior really is starting to bug me how cheap it looks. I love the blutooth and the ipod hook up, the CVT is pretty sweet... for awhile, and the it all just gets blah after a year or so. Reminds me of the RSX. They were fucking tight when they first came out and then, after years of absolutely no revisions... blaaaah.

gotta be sportier than the CC. Cool lookin car, but just not for me. Even if it is a DD, it has to be a head turner. I'm the flashy type, if you havent noticed.

And who said the lancer is a boring car, and then turned around and said the IS is neato? I think the lancer has far better and more compelling lines than the IS. The IS just has the guts I wish the lancer had. Should've just picked up the EVO X when I had the chance, it was a poor life choice I understand that.

I'm really trying to get some input for Cooper owners as those cars for years have interested the hell out of me and I have never had a chance to drive one. Where might I be able to take one out for a spin (dealerships)?

I want something that hugs the road very well, and I mean is basically super glued.

Ariel Atom. Best year-round daily driver car on the market. If you argue this, then you need to clean the sand out of your vagina.

End of thread.

I'm really trying to get some input for Cooper owners as those cars for years have interested the hell out of me and I have never had a chance to drive one. Where might I be able to take one out for a spin (dealerships)?

MAG BMW in Dublin.

I want something that hugs the road very well, and I mean is basically super glued.

turbo cobalt. better lap times than any serious daily driver that has been listed so far. oh i forgot, you prefer the refined exhaust note of german engineering--never mind.

WRX would be my choice out of those listed, unless you could swing for the IS-f

I drove a Mini Cooper S and hated it. Weird layout for the gauges, 6spd was ok if you were past 4krpm, bad blind spots, and just over all not a horrible car. And I love smaller cars like miatas and mr2s.

I would say test drive one and see how you like it.

I would vote wrx for daily

The cobalt SS is an option I guess. I really like them, but somehow feel it would be a downgrade from the lancer (sorry, hate american cars).

Cooper got eliminated yesterday, had a chance to drive one while up here in canton and I was thoroughly disappointed.

The IS-F is the obvious winner, but still a tad expensive (trying to stay 32-35k). So, its really looking like its going to boil down to the evo x or the wrx, and considering I have a Mitsu now, the WRX is going to get the nod.

The cobalt SS is an option I guess. I really like them, but somehow feel it would be a downgrade from the lancer (sorry, hate american cars).

Yes, it would be a downgrade.

Considering I have a Mitsu now, the WRX is going to get the nod.

Bad decision. If you are going with the Subaru, at least get the STi.

I wonder how good the R8s are in the winter. I think i'd be too scared. The R8 would have to be okayed by the father, as it would most likely be the R replacement and then I would get a daily driver anyway. Any cooper S owners have something to say? I want something that hugs the road very well, and I mean is basically super glued.

you have a toy get a 335xi daily

My sister has a Cooper S back at home. I drove it when I was out there in July and have to say I was very impressed. It is a pretty zippy little car and handled great, IMO BMW did a great job on it. Only thing that you need to get used to is that speedo, it is wierd looking at the center console to see it.

I need something thats A) good in winter, B) delivers good power all while getting C) Decent gas milage and for D) 32-35k.

I passed a silver evo x on 161/ karl today. I really cant imagine how bad my back would feel using that as a daily driver with those recaro seats (I have a broken back so I need semi comfortable seats)

Don't forget the insane HPFP failure rate that of the n54. Some people are on their 3 or 4th pump.

Dude the B8 S4 is tits. I guess MTM's tune is just tweaking the ECU, no pulley no nothing and it made 430hp. So pulley and exhaust and BAM 500hp.

its an electronically controlled solenoid much like a wastegate duty regulation solenoid on a turbocharged engine that bypasses unrequested boost away from the combustion chamber.

Preliminary testing has shown that the Eaton on the 3.0T stays continually spooled to near 21 psi which all excess boost not requested by the ecu is then bypassed.

By asking for more boost, you ask for less bypass and therefore can get more of that 21'ish psi that is constantly being produced. Voila, instant 100hp.

Dude the B8 S4 is tits. I guess MTM's tune is just tweaking the ECU, no pulley no nothing and it made 430hp. So pulley and exhaust and BAM 500hp.

I know........ Bart tried to talk me into a lease the black on black they got in the showroom......

MUST RESIST THE URGE!!!:D