tire plugs

Guest tbutera2112

Guest tbutera2112

got another flat today, but this one happened right outside my house...construction crew left a buncha nails in the road...got outta my truck, hear a hissing...

pulled the wheel and plugged the tire....is this permanent? or should i take it to ntb to get patched? ide rather not go get it patched because i dont want to spend more money on my wheels and tires if i dont have to...ive dropped over a 600 dollars in the last 4 months repairing them...but i dont want it to leak air or blow out or anything

That is the suck! You need to convert that beast to be tracked like tank because you are not having any luck with tires.

My experience has always been better with patches but mine were not typically to bad. Just don't fill it with a case of fix a flat like I have seen some people try.

Guest tbutera2112

yea im to my breaking point with this tire shit....i was about 10 seconds from smashing a huge rock through the window of the house across the street that theyre building...but the workers showed up...i made sure i called homewood homes on the phone right there and told them what dumb fucks the company is they hired that cant even clean up the road, and i was loud enough that they could hear me (the workers)

1 wheel destroyed

1 wheel damaged

2 tires destroyed

1 tire damaged

and no...ide never use fix a flat lol....but when i plugged it the hissing stopped...so i guess i should just run it and make sure to check it frequently for leaks?

i just dont want it to heat up and fall out or something while im driving and have the tire go flat and blow out... idk how well plugs work since ive never used one before...but i had some sitting here that were in my dads toolbox so i figured why not

Wow, your thats bad. I had a drill bit go in my brand new falken tire that I had just bought a month before, on the way home from work a while back lol. Like he said though patches work great, I had one on a tire for almost a year and it didnt leak at all.

My friend used a tire plug kit from Meijer one time, he never had a problem with it leaking.

I guess you will just have to wait and see. If your good after about a week, then I would say your good to go.

Remind me never to lend you my car. It will surely have something horrible happen to the wheels or tires. lol. Sucks man.

Guest tbutera2112

my plugs are the kind that come in packs of like 5 or 6...long and thin and look like black liquorish... idk if its vlucanized or whatever, but the stuff did appear to kinda get sticky when it was going into the tire

thanks guys, guess ill just wait and see how it turns out...just didnt want the plug to blow out on my way to school today and ruin my tire, i didnt know if these were just temp so you can get to a tire shop or if they are actually useable as a fix

Guest tbutera2112
I have used those plugs and I have always considered them permanet. They last years. If your worried about it have it replaced with a patch plug which is similar and goes in from the inside with a patch attached to the plug. Double repair.

that is my last resort....im cheap

funny thing is, i must have barely hit the nail, it popped a hole but the nail didnt actually get stuck in my tire...idk where its at, im gonna go sweep off the street before i leave today to get rid of it and any other nails that may be out there