Monopoly City Streets

Browning

Any of you playing this yet?

"All the details aren’t clear yet, as the game won’t launch until September 9. But it would appear that Hasbro, makers of the Monopoly game, is attempting to turn the franchise into a massively multi-player online game. Called “Monopoly City Streets,” here’s a brief description that is offered on the teaser site:

The goal is simple. Play to beat your friends and the world to become the richest property magnate in existence.

Own any street in the world. Build humble houses, crazy castles and stupendous skyscrapers to collect rent. Use MONOPOLY Chance Cards to sabotage your mates by building Hazards on their streets.

It’s also not clear if this game will be an official partnership with Google, or if Hasbro is simply using Google Maps APIs. But the tie-in goes a bit deeper, as is revealed on the blog it set up for the game (on yes, Google’s Blogger platform). A post from Friday reads:

We still need 3 new building designs and we’d like YOU to design them!

MONOPOLY and Google SketchUp fans worldwide be sure to check back from next Tuesday 8 September for entry details and the chance to show the world your ultimate 3D building creation.

So it’s not just Google Maps, but also SketchUp that Hasbro is utilizing for this game. The UK’s Guardian is reporting that the game will run for 4 months. They’re also reporting that players starting a new game will get $3 million to play around with."

http://www.techcrunch.com/2009/09/07...not-antitrust/

Vote for the game here:

http://blog.monopolycitystreets.com/

Play the game:

http://www.monopolycitystreets.com/

Online Forum:

http://citystreetsboard.com/forums/

• Replies 423
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just started this yesterday night. We'll see how it goes. I bought places in a lot of different areas though.

Yeah I read that owning streets close together would help with the property value, having them spread out, not so good. I bought my street and all of the streets my friends live on/ grew up on then called them and told them about the game :lol: I also put a bid in on Melon Arena (where the Pittsburgh Penguins Play) This is a pretty cool game. I hope they keep it.

i'm out of money...i need some rent!! hehe

monopoly has always been one of my fave games, but i always suck at it. i either blow all my money and then go broke really fast or try to spend more wisely...slowly buying up stuff, but then when i do go to buy stuff, everyone owns it already....

i need a better strategy for these games :)

I bought the biggest streets I could find then got lucky and put up a park on 3 of my 4 biggest streets. Apparently that keeps you protected from hazards and demos. Now, I'm looking to just upgrade my buildings so I get more rent money. I think if you get too many streets it's harder to manage. This is kind of fun. I thought about buying streets in the middle of no were. Like in Madagascar or Greenland or hell Wyoming, places where you’re less likely to get fucked with, but there aren’t many streets available there.

lol almost makes you wonder who/if some one else on your street is playing the game an bought it... ha

Well they built properties lower on my street then where I live. So I guess they might live on my street but all the way at the bottom of it. I did happen to buy another street a few places over and build a fortress just because that was the house I grew up in :D