white gold???

AJ

Guest tbutera2112
watching the video again...theres no way those are real diamonds...i understand being rich and stuff, but if you think about the cost of a diamond with that kind of color and sparkle, there would be atleast a billion dollars in that car...i could be wrong, but i call BS on it being real diamonds

White gold is created by nickel zinc and gold. It can also be made with silver. White gold doesnt tarnish. Only if its more silver then gold. If your having it dipped its getting dipped in rhodium. Rhodium protects the finish. If its tarnishing you could be having an allergic reaction to it.

Edit... I just thought of this too, if its a cheaper ring it could be just a yellow gold dipped in Rhodium, hence why it needs redipped every 6 months.

Ok, tarnish isn't the word I was looking for then. It gets dull from wear and tear. I have to take it in to get dipped every six months just to keep the lifetime warranty in effect on it. The ring isn't gold as I had a large chunk taken out of it at work and it was white all the way through. I had always thought white gold was a chemical process, but now that you mention the ways to make it, it makes sense. As my class ring was white gold that was just dipped regular gold, and this doesn't turn like my class ring did.

I only ever see the "goldish" color that I thought it was "tarnishing" to on the bottom side of the ring. Last time I had it cleaned/dipped they asked if I wore latex gloves regularly, and I do for work. Turns out the sweat and powder inside certain gloves along with that being the most "worn" spot on the ring can have a harsher effect on the rhodium coating.

Still though, it ultimately seems like gold, or real white gold has to be dipped to protect it to keep either "white". So either way, how the hell do you dip a whole car?