Betty White The Restomod SGT

vonrottes

On my old camaro, piston slap made it sound like a diesel. If it’s a tick sound could be valves or an exhaust leak.

It's kind of a hollow, somewhat like a diesel engine idling.

I dunno, I'm just fairly certain it's not a spun bearing, the amount of metal in the oil was nothing concerning, so I'm just going to change the oil run some seafoam through the engine and check the header flange doesn't have a leak. I know for sure I have several leaks at the clamps and 2-3 leaky welds.

Had an issue with the AC bracket tensioner, so it's temporarily removed with the old ls1 tensioner. Nbd since the AC isn't set up yet. Hooked the fan controller up to the pcm, so it works again. Changed the oil with 5w30 conventional And ran half a can of seafoam through it, lots of smoke after a "hot soak" and the knocking sounds isn't gone but has quietened down a lot. Need to get at least two new band clamps since the jegs brand that I've always used have all ripped. Dad is supposed to get all the cladding painted Friday.. so as soon as that's done... She'll be drivable again.

With little things needing to be done like the ignition switch, installing the cruise and little stuff that won't effect me driving it daily again other than tires......the ones on it look like ass.

Once I get new band clamps and seal off the leaks I should be able to better diagnos the sound, but it goes away around 2k.

It's a 2004 truck block so, I'll just run it and keep an eye out for a good 2005 or newer 5.3.. the old 4.8 I had lasted me 10k with a loud bottom end knock.

But With no visible metal in the oil or filter I'm not SUPER worried about it.

In other news though, the grey stuff is getting painted finally.211e6c2ec9861ee7d0b6d836b3fc0a94.jpg9cd3227985ceeee3b9f314b427513112.jpgcc4b95ece758bce376b957081d01b548.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Annnnnd done ... Sorta. Gotta finish mounting the headlights, mount the rear bumper, line up the bed, insall the license plate lights, get clamps for the exhaust, and put on the windshield weather stripping. As far as drivability it will be done.

Then it's just little stuff..

Get ready to see her at cc&c this weekend!a3bc0e65b8f3c9b7a0eb108d6c67620c.jpg

Hell yes!!! I love it. Nice work :cool:

Thanks 👍

That looks awesome. I don’t think I’ve commented on the thread, but I’ve followed since the beginning. Any plans to upgrade the wheels and tires?

Yeah, I was able to keep two of the 19x8.5 Verde parallax wheels I had on the s10 after it was stolen.. so I'll probably just buy two new wheels/tires and use those once I put an 8.8 under it again... Until then I'm just going to run the stock wheels and some new stock size tires.

I was thinking more in terms of performance and not so much looks. With an LS under the hood, I can’t imagine those 14x6 or whatever wheels will allow enough tire to do anything other than burnouts. I think some C4 ZR1s or something similar would fit the era and open up a ton of tire options.

Dude...that pearl/metalflake in the gray? Looks sweet!

I would definitely avoid using the Parallax wheels. Take the upcoming fall to look for good GM-friendly wheel designs used on CL from guys that want the cash instead of storing them.

Like Nickey's S10, those trucks look great with 17"s (18"s MAX) and some rubber to fill the wheel wells :thumbup:

The truck is looking great! Good job.

just to throw my unwanted 2 pennies into the wheel opinons - I like what Nick has on his S-10. Get those.

Fortunately an S10 can use just about anything that fits GM RWD hotrods with a 5x4.75. Leaving lots of options. I certainly like the look of what’s on Nickey’s truck, but there are many variations on that style out there. So many choices, I’d love to see some 17s like a CCW classic on this truck.

I love the S10 platform, I’ve had 5, and I doubt I’ve had my last. Almost pursued this particular one when I saw it for sale, but I’m happy to see it getting treated well. I don’t post much in these build threads but I’m enjoying this one.

Nick's truck looks incredible, but the next upgrade for me is ctsv brembos.iirc that requires a 18" minimum

I personally kinda like the parallax, most other split spokes have a huge center which I just don't like.. seen a lot of guys running the iroc replicas and I think those are ugly as sin with the raised center and blockly paint.

The only others I might consider right now would be Camaro steelies, they have the factory style, but I could still use a modern UHP tire.

Dude...that pearl/metalflake in the gray? Looks sweet

It's the factory gm wa-8798 argent grey.

Unless you can find a set of the not so common low offset ZR1 replicas, your typical C4 ZR1 wheel will need about a 2” spacer. They get used on Syclones because AWD and 4WD truck have a wider track width with higher offset wheels.

Going g to jegs in the morning to get exhaust clamps, then gonna fill it up and go on an actual test drive to ensure the brakes, transmission a d everything are in working order.. then Saturday see you guys at the Lennox.

Installed my old back glass and a new seal, and while trying to put in the new windshield trim/seal I accidentally cracked the glass sooooo, I need to get that taken care of.1df39ba37b0af72dcdea7d82dc48682d.jpg

She's "done" officially. Drove to Gahanna after bleeding the brakes, did ok.. had a little slip in the transmission under load, tcc wasn't working and I think my hydroboost is shot.

BUT I've got trans fluid, it looks a little low and I've had slip when it's been low before. Tcc I think is related to the switch. And I still have brakes just lots of pedal effort.

So I WILL be at cc&c in the morning if anyone has experience with hydroboost... Come have a poke at it please.1c1d6ae5dc796640996dba3f7b2515b9.jpg818387c1d5c952a7f1f40fcfab81b8c9.jpg0e0d86931b88cc8490832fa37b4925ab.jpga52aa854bdde03fcf727440cdb10736e.jpg

Looks awesome! What's up with the gaps between the front bumper and the side trim pieces? I know there's typically a small gap there but it's not supposed be that wide, is it?

My bumper is super janky. And I it's not lining up properly. Also I think some of the issue is with the grille. The bumper is all the way forward and still hitting the grille.

Well ain't that some shit...

Drove it for a week and now I've found a broken weld in the collector merge on the driver side....like a really big leak.

Contacted stainless works to see about coverage on warranty.

I wouldn't think the center piece of the merge would crack from abuse, if it was the outside of the collector that would make sense...but I dunno.

If they won't cover it under warranty would anyone here be able to fix it for me? If they could do it on the truck that'd be fucking awesome:dumb: