Lets talk tuning and lambda. tuners, please come in

Guest Removed

So in your opinion what "budget" ones are better/worse?

My top choice on a budget would be the NGK AFX.

I personally prefer a in bung censor over a sniffer any day of the year. I know from personal experiance that IPS's sniffer is off by a correctable factor but it is annoying. But not everyone has a bung.

Diffrent mod levels of cars require diffrent tuning tools. Ie EGT, WB , Oil Temp ,

Though brady when I have money I so want to hit the heartbreaker

Just let me know and we can definitely arrange something.

Tuning in afr can be just as accurate depending on the wideband being used. In my case the whole reason Innovate calls it the LC1 is because it's a lambda cable and when setting it up the calibration is set for the lambda of 1 to equal an afr of 14.63, and you'll end up with the same results.

It's accurate as far as calculations go, but not a true air:fuel ratio. For example, when I run E85 in my car, I know that when my datalog shows 14.68, I'm at 1 lambda so conditions are stoich, but the actual air:fuel ratio is roughly 9.87:1 since I am injecting more fuel to compensate for the higher ethanol content.

Either way though, you can still tune by both accurately. Assuming the tuner understands the target gasoline AFRs, just tune your fuel based on that, and assuming the equivalent ratios are the same.