anyone work for chase, CC dept?

evan9381

i think theres a few of you here, but i dont know what dept youre in...i dont know if i just got someone today that was dumb, or what.

new credit card law went into effect 8/20, right? the one they made a big deal of..

basically now states that any extra payment, goes towards the balance with the higher rate FIRST.

so if i have a card with 0% on a purchase i made for 36 or 48 months, and then i just used it for a $150 purchase last week, if i make a payment for $150, that should go to the purchase i just made, right? then i go back to my old balance on my 0% purchase and continue as i was?

i called today to see if i needed to do anything different about making the payment to pay off the balance that is now carrying an intrest rate, and the girl told me that it goes to the lowest rate first, ie, my 0%...when i mentioned something about the new law that passed, and just got enacted last month, she goes "oh no, that doesnt take effect until febuary or march"

now thats the part that got me. i would think if you're in CC CS, you would know about this. sounded like BS to me, and everything im reading confirms what ive said.

anyone?

i dont belive any one does the cc directly. i know that justinwebb or what ever does customer service. but most others do collections or therse buck with is a computer dork :)

sorry for the useless post lol goodluck i didnt even know any thing about a new law...?

i dont belive any one does the cc directly. i know that justinwebb or what ever does customer service. but most others do collections or therse buck with is a computer dork :)

sorry for the useless post lol goodluck i didnt even know any thing about a new law...?

My gawd that place must be all sorts of fucked up.

My gawd that place must be all sorts of fucked up.

you have no idea collections alone has me nto brian an luviathon ahahha funny shit then across the hall is jsutin webb guy ha

You're probably fucked. I work there and they don't give me shit.

And no, I do computer shit. no where near the credit card department/collections.

my little teddy bear! lol

ok back on topic sorry for um the off topic

You're probably fucked. I work there and they don't give me shit.

And no, I do computer shit. no where near the credit card department/collections.

im not taking it like it should be a perk (ie, "they dont give me shit), im taking it as 'this is the new law', but im being told different by them. oh well...i made a payment for the amount i charged last week...if they keep hitting me with interest, ill go from there.

http://www.azcentral.com/12news/consumer/articles/NEWcreditcardLAWscript05282009-CR.html

This is a big one: Any payments you make over the minimum due would go to your highest interest balances first. The industry practice of applying excess payments to the lowest interest rate balances first is now illegal.

sounds odd but a lot of the card services reps dont know shit they always transfer a ton of people to me. I work in the online services dept and help dumbasses figure out the interwebs. I would call back and ask for a supervisor and make sure you got the right info. I can ask today for ya.