Banned on 3800 pro lol

Buck531

I think I found it.

http://www.clubgp.com/newforum/tm.asp?m=4899214&appid=&p=&mpage=1&key=intense&language=single&tmode=&smode=&s=#4899214

One of the employee's over there had "Intense Lube" for sale. Some crap they came up with.

sounds like something they put on the end of a broomstick before they push your shit in--intense lube

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Chris, I know about the issues between you and Intense, and frankly, I don't give a shit about them.

Hey man, I'm with you. I could really give a damn about it - we're talking 5 year old news here. If anyone still gives a shit about any of it, they're in bad shape. Sometimes you just have to move on.

lol i had no Idea that Intense had such a bad rep..They did a HELL of a lot of work for me when I spun a rod bearing. pulley installs are free, tunes seem to be much improved and priced well. I have no dirt on Intense and will gladly continue to utilize them in further mods. I was told not to run my car hard after the tune/bad 02 sensor fiasco that toasted my motor, and I sure learned my lesson. (do not race H22As on the freeway with a bad 02 sensor causing a pig-rich condition at above stock RPMs, or you will flood your motor and spin a bearing.) lesson learned.

Everything else, including the engine replacement, due to their know-how and skill, saved me thousands and put me back on the streets within a few days. 500 bucks to swap a motor in less than 9hrs? hell yes.

(take note, I have absolutely NO idea what went down to cause this rawkus) so take it for what its worth.

lol i had no Idea that Intense had such a bad rep..They did a HELL of a lot of work for me when I spun a rod bearing. pulley installs are free, tunes seem to be much improved and priced well. I have no dirt on Intense and will gladly continue to utilize them in further mods. I was told not to run my car hard after the tune/bad 02 sensor fiasco that toasted my motor, and I sure learned my lesson. (do not race H22As on the freeway with a bad 02 sensor causing a pig-rich condition at above stock RPMs, or you will flood your motor and spin a bearing.) lesson learned.

Everything else, including the engine replacement, due to their know-how and skill, saved me thousands and put me back on the streets within a few days. 500 bucks to swap a motor in less than 9hrs? hell yes.

(take note, I have absolutely NO idea what went down to cause this rawkus) so take it for what its worth.

I think a lot of their negative rep came from way back in the day when the 3800 motor was first looked at as a "performance motor". Intense was on of the 1st companies to make performance parts. In a nut shell there were some issues with parts (I believe Rocker Arms) then a following out between some people that really blew thing out of proportion. But I’m with you, Intense has always done a great job on my car and has been a great help when modding and like Chris G said, all that BS is in the past now and done with. The people that are addicted to the drama just need to leave it alone it’s old news…

I think a lot of their negative rep came from way back in the day when the 3800 motor was first looked at as a "performance motor". Intense was on of the 1st companies to make performance parts. In a nut shell there were some issues with parts (I believe Rocker Arms) then a following out between some people that really blew thing out of proportion. But I’m with you, Intense has always done a great job on my car and has been a great help when modding and like Chris G said, all that BS is in the past now and done with. The people that are addicted to the drama just need to leave it alone it’s old news…

You missed the part about the differentials too ;).

LOLWUT?

yep, was messin around with Kizzzle in his 'lude after header,tune and 3.5 pulley i think and during the header install i never got an O2 harness extension so i was without my front 02 sensor...well hight speeds, hight RPMs and an unfamiliar tune caused my motor to spin a rod bearing. we think its from running rich and oil mixing with extra fuel causing the bearing to shear in half im assuming..if that makes sense. maybe im explaining it incorrectly..

yep, was messin around with Kizzzle in his 'lude after header,tune and 3.5 pulley i think and during the header install i never got an O2 harness extension so i was without my front 02 sensor...well hight speeds, hight RPMs and an unfamiliar tune caused my motor to spin a rod bearing. we think its from running rich and oil mixing with extra fuel causing the bearing to shear in half im assuming..if that makes sense. maybe im explaining it incorrectly..

Is that something you came up with or did someone tell you that?

Is that something you came up with or did someone tell you that?

i guess i sorta came up with it but wouldnt it make sense that if i was dumping fuel due to the bad/failing 02 sensor, mixed with low oil pressure and high RPMs at wot that gasoline would slip through the piston rings/combustion chamber and get into my valvetrain/pushrods thinning out the oils viscosity? im not a hardcore 3800 guy as I have never fully disected one, but Right before my bearing spun I noticed my Oil light came on or flashed for a moment. could you explain what may have happened any better for a semi-newb? idk how off i might be..

I know the usual reason for a spun bearing is coolant being pushed in by cylinders or clogging/starving lubrication system but for some reason i believe it to be due to how rich i was running..

i guess i sorta came up with it but wouldnt it make sense that if i was dumping fuel due to the bad/failing 02 sensor, mixed with low oil pressure and high RPMs at wot that gasoline would slip through the piston rings/combustion chamber and get into my valvetrain/pushrods thinning out the oils viscosity? im not a hardcore 3800 guy as I have never fully disected one, but Right before my bearing spun I noticed my Oil light came on or flashed for a moment. could you explain what may have happened any better for a semi-newb? idk how off i might be..

I know the usual reason for a spun bearing is coolant being pushed in by cylinders or clogging/starving lubrication system but for some reason i believe it to be due to how rich i was running..

That makes no sense. There was another reason you tanked the bearings. It wasn't due to a faulty o2 sensor. The fuel will get burned and not just leak down in the pan. It would just make the car run pig rich, that's all.

it was pig rich & I was smelling gas , if you dump a bunch of fuel past the rings & gas wash the engine thinning the oil and run it hard it could happen at any mileage if im not mistaken...the oil light seals the deal in my mind , low oil psi + high rpms=spun bearings

it could have to do with the LIM job that was done a month prior to all of this..maybe i didnt change the oil soon enough..who knows..

it could have to do with the LIM job that was done a month prior to all of this..maybe i didnt change the oil soon enough..who knows..

ding ding. Did you change the oil before you even started the car after doing the LIM gaskets?

I tanked all the bearings in my Regal about 4 hours after doing the LIM/gaskets/SSIC. I think in my case what tanked the motor was the idiot who owned the car before me had a 3.4 pulley and nothing. There was probably a good inch of metal shavings burried in the bottom of the pan.

Anyways..that sucks.

sucks indeed. i think i changed the oil within 200 miles of the LIM but who knows too late now haha i have a 95k whole long block L67 nestled in there now without any issues thus far. PERIOD. so im happy. and with 0*kr and 3.4 with all supporting mods, she sure flys.

Yeah, you have to change the oil immediately after buttoning up the car after the LIM job, and again after a while of running(I hear 50-100 miles, depending on who you ask). Not doing the immediate oil change is an almost guaranteed bearing fucker, and not doing the later one is courting disaster.

As for gas-wash, I think you'd blow a piston from fuel-lock before you gas-washed the rings from being rich.

ding ding. Did you change the oil before you even started the car after doing the LIM gaskets?

I tanked all the bearings in my Regal about 4 hours after doing the LIM/gaskets/SSIC. I think in my case what tanked the motor was the idiot who owned the car before me had a 3.4 pulley and nothing. There was probably a good inch of metal shavings burried in the bottom of the pan.

Anyways..that sucks.

u keep talking shyt and im going to shot u lol...... back when i had my ss monte i wanted to do a supercharger on it but i kep having trannying problems so i never did i miss that car R.I.P http://www.ohio-riders.com/picture.php?albumid=68&pictureid=7607