Why is it...

Akula

If I buy a ticket for the Columbus Symphony, I can then expect non-stop mailers and phone calls at 855pm on Sunday nights. I guess that if you want to take your children out for an evening, because they are into music, you can expect harassment from then on. I have been told that "the arts" are exempt from solicitor laws.

Anyone else get a call from 317-931-1452?

If I buy a ticket for the Columbus Symphony, I can then expect non-stop mailers and phone calls at 855pm on Sunday nights. I guess that if you want to take your children out for an evening, because they are into music, you can expect harassment from then on. I have been told that "the arts" are exempt from solicitor laws.

Anyone else get a call from 317-931-1452?

What they're doing with you is that your purchase counts as an "established business relationship" under the do-not-call laws, so they are allowed to call you until you tell them otherwise. Next time they call, tell them you don't wish to receive any more calls from them, and to remove you from their list. Even charities and political organizations, that ARE exempt from the do-not-call lists, still have to honor a direct request not to call.

BTW, whenever I make a purchase over the phone, I always make sure to tell them I do not wish to receive any calls or be put on a mailing lists. So far, I haven't had any problems. As far as charities, well, I'm a horrible human being, so my telephone number doesn't usually show up on their scopes. Political parties I just tell to get fucked when they call...