State OK's use of secret GPS tracking devices (in cars)

ImUrOBGYN

With this combined with the patriot act anything is possible. Next thing you know they are going to be installing cameras everywhere we go. V for Vendetta here we come.

Its already happened in London. I think the statistic is that the average pedestrian in London is caught on video like 30,000 times a day.

The way I see it, if you're a "Suspect" and actually innocent, then who gives a shit. I don't see a whole lot of efforts out there to interfere on my rights on a daily basis.

Because it's a violation of our privacy. The mentality of "if you have nothing to hide then why don't you just let us take a look" is what leads to loss of Rights and Police States.

We are innocent until proven guilty. Monitoring us at any moment is one step towards guilty until proven innocent.

Because it's a violation of our privacy. The mentality of "if you have nothing to hide then why don't you just let us take a look" is what leads to loss of Rights and Police States.

We are innocent until proven guilty. Monitoring us at any moment is one step towards guilty until proven innocent.

We've had this discussion here before and again, I see your point. My point however, is that they aren't going after folks who are guilty of secondary bullshit crimes like downloading music, parking ticket fraud, etc. They are going after drug dealers, arms dealers and much more severe criminals, thus I really don't give a shit.

I'm sorry, but if you're shady enough to be a suspect in drug dealing, then you're very likely a criminal or at in the category of someone who is bringing suspicion upon themselves. Again, it's not like law enforcement in the masses are going after stay at home moms guilty of coupon fraud. Counterfeiters and suspected terrorists, etc....worth the gray area if you ask me.

We spend way too much time and money fucking dicking around with the rights of scum that "might be innocent". Far less of the truly innocent have to worry about this shit. A way far percentage of the time, if people look like scum, acts like scum, they are scum.

I'm sorry, but if you're shady enough to be a suspect in drug dealing, then you're very likely a criminal or at in the category of someone who is bringing suspicion upon themselves. Again, it's not like law enforcement in the masses are going after stay at home moms guilty of coupon fraud. Counterfeiters and suspected terrorists, etc....worth the gray area if you ask me.

You do know that anybody can call in saying you might be a terrorists and with the help of the unpatriot act they can track you for what ever reason. Think about it. Say you might get tagged and you just randomly happen go to some restaurant and the parking lot you parked at happen to put you in a vicinity of some hot spot for some illegal activity of course it would be unknown to you but known to who ever that is investigating.

If you think that some bull, I'm sure some people remember those 2 or 4 doctors who were traveling by car got pulled over like a year ago because some idiot called in saying they had suspicious stuff in the trunk and thought that they were terrorist.

My life is on constant surveylance from the gov't 24/7 anyway, so I really don't care, they can't possibly know anymore about me than they already do.

Here one article about the cell phone mic thing

http://news.zdnet.com/2100-1035_22-150467.html

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Covert_listening_device

From Wiki:

Mobile phone (cell phone) microphones can be activated remotely, without any need for physical access[citation needed]. This roving bug feature is reportedly being used by law enforcement agencies and intelligence services to listen in on nearby conversations.[3] A United States court ruled in 1986 that a similar technique, used by the FBI against reputed former Gulfport Mississippi cocaine dealers Bennett Branch and Don Tomlinson dealing cocaine under the direct authority of kingpin David "The Eagle" Easterling after having obtained a court order, was permissible.[4] While it is not possible to do this with every mobile phone as of 2006, some models are susceptible to being remotely reprogrammed (over the air using methods meant for delivering upgrades (Firmware updates and maintenance) with this capability without the knowledge of its owner. Examples for such mobile phones are Motorola Razr and Samsung 900 series mobile phones.

What? You guys think I was joking?

Well, I can't say I like the idea of this one, but unfortunately, it doesn't seem to violate the Constitution or BoR in any way, so I guess we're stuck with it.

OTOH, there was a bill introduced in Cali a few years back that would have forced ALL Californians to allow the government to wire a GPS into their car so their mileage could be tracked in order to assess a "mileage tax" that would take the place of the highway tax on fuel. The rationale was that hybrid and high-efficiency cars still cause the same amount of wear on roads, but because they use less fuel, don't pay their fair share of highway fuel taxes... Yeah, you wanna talk about bringing down a rain of shit on your own head. I wouldn't even want to imagine being the guy who finally got the Greenies, the Libertarians, the survivalists, the Anarchists, the gearheads, the Yuppies, the Conspiracy Theorists, AND the ACLU, not to mention your run-of-the-mill trendoids, to all come together on a single issue...