Windows 7 - $30; Office Ultimate 2007 - $60; Students only.

dakotart

These deals are from Microsoft and are for eligible students only (valid .edu email address).

I bought Office through them 4 months ago and now they have Windows 7 (preorder) home premium or professional for only $29.99 (upgrade with clean install possible)

This is the download price. You have to pay extra if you want a disc mailed to you.

Windows 7 Link

http://www.win741.com/

To get professional version you must do the following:

Go to the link provided in the primary e-mail you received saying you were eligible for the offer.

Below the picture of the box and order info, there is an area that has a yellow shade, and says, "Need to join your school's network domain? Click here." Click on that link, and the product appears.

If you ordered the Home Premium version by mistake, you can call Digital River at 952-253-1234 to fix it. I called and went through to customer support, short wait, explained I'd ordered the wrong version. They canceled my order for me, I then received the email cancellation immediately. I placed a new order for the Professional version and all is good.

For office 2007 ultimate

http://www.microsoft.com/student/discounts/theultimatesteal-us/default.aspx

Hell I think I may pick this up as well and run Windows 7 and Snow leopard on my macbook. Already running windows 7 but its the release canidate. It runs really nicely too. The speed of XP with the benifets of vista. And less crashes.

Hell I think I may pick this up as well and run Windows 7 and Snow leopard on my macbook. Already running windows 7 but its the release canidate. It runs really nicely too. The speed of XP with the benifets of vista. And less crashes.

FYI depending on how long you've had the release candidate, it will soon render itself useless and expire on you. There is a legit final copy available for download all over the place now, with the registration/authorization removed. I'm using it now and have been for a few weeks. It's smoother than the candidate, boots up quicker, and has some more features.

That said, $30 is a steal and I may do it anyway :D.

FYI depending on how long you've had the release candidate, it will soon render itself useless and expire on you. There is a legit final copy available for download all over the place now, with the registration/authorization removed. I'm using it now and have been for a few weeks. It's smoother than the candidate, boots up quicker, and has some more features.

That said, $30 is a steal and I may do it anyway :D.

Umm.. The RC from beta is good till next June..

Umm.. The RC from beta is good till next June..

You know that's what I thought as well. I don't recall which I had, but my roommate had the same one installed and I installed it a week after he did. When his "expired" or whatnot, I threw a final-ish ( illegal ) copy on mine to avoid the problem myself.