Good, cheap beer in short north

zeitgeist57

Quick!!! I am having a business meeting in the short north and need a good, cheap bar recommendation. Would like to avoid paying for parking at all costs. Person is coming from Neil/Goodale area. I like Bar Louie by North Market, but don't want a ticket for not feeding the parking meter in time!

Barley's, Surly Girl, Bodega - all on High Street. You'll have to pay for parking anywhere Short North unless you walk from the neighborhood, though. Bodega has free parking in front - but it's only a couple spaces on High Street. Usually they're taken.

Try Betty's on High St. PBR for cheap and good food.

Owned by the same people as surly girl. Went there for the first time on Sunday and it was very good.

Macs for the scotish egg?

Bodega is really good and good selection of beer.

North star has really good food and while not a wide selection of beer and wine they are always good ones.

Never had food at surly girl but they do have a good beer selection.

Edited by Trouble Maker

BTW, you're a short walk from the Elevator on High Street right now. Not Short North, but they have awesome beer and it's happy hour there until 7 I believe.

+1 for the Elevator. We need to go there soon. Winter is coming. We need to start up our weekly Elevator drinking again.