Leather conditioner?

copperhead

This! I didn't realize the steering wheel in our Audi wasn't supposed to be shiny. It has a very nice matte finish now, and the dirt that leatherique pulled from the steering wheel alone was enough to turn the water in a 5 gallon bucket almost black. Let alone the seats.

• 1 month later...
You don't want to add creamy products that will eventually clog the pores of the leather. If your leather has a shiny look to it, then it needs to be stripped of all of the oils, salt, sweat, dirt, and creamy conditioners. Leather in its natural state has a matte finish.

Your absolute best bet is an all-natural product like Leatherique. It's a two-part system...Rejuvenator and Prestine Clean. The Rejuvenator peforms a deep conditioning and cleaning of the leather over an 8-24 hour period (it actually lifts the dirt, oils, salt from the pores of the leather), and then you use the Prestine Clean to remove the residue and grime.

Once it's complete you will be left with a soft and supple leather that is completely clean and deeply conditioned. A full treatment is recommended twice per year, and you can use the Prestine Clean as an all-in-one (cleaner, conditioner, protectant) during your maintenance cleaning throughout the year.

Here's more information and a tutorial I wrote on how to use it: Leatherique Tutorial

Think this stuff would work on a leather couch? Ours is light tan, and getting grimey from where we sit a lot. I used a magic eraser on a small spot, which cleaned out all the dirt, but was hard on the leather.