158 members have voted

1. 1. Track Day = F-Body VS BMW

• Sam's 5.0L BMW
    • Anthony's FireBurdy

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know it's free, so I'll trust Sam on this one.

I don't have the benefit of changing my belt mid-pass :o

true... but can u really see sam taking his hand off the wheel, look down an turn up his boost... all while shifting( i belive he said hes got a manuel valve body) haha i mean sams the shits and all but not that good

disclaimer: not nut swining just stating

true... but can u really see sam taking his hand off the wheel, look down an turn up his boost... all while shifting( i belive he said hes got a manuel valve body) haha i mean sams the shits and all but not that good

disclaimer: not nut swining just stating

My boost controller will not allow me to add more boost while at WOT. Its gotta be set before WOT.

Because you know how to sandbag, that's why :)

The Sam I know doesnt usually race unless he has a very good chance of winnning.... just saying...

BTW.. I remember a comment from earlier in the year about him wanting to run Ray after he got his BMW together... hmmmmmmmmm :lol:

Guest Removed
I just pictured a bald guy with a sledge hitting a 302 block and watermelon guts spraying everywhere. Nice.

http://i201.photobucket.com/albums/aa150/Sleepercp/Engine%20stuff/Lewtons302afterRevtestlores.jpg

The Sam I know doesnt usually race unless he has a very good chance of winnning.... just saying...

BTW.. I remember a comment from earlier in the year about him wanting to run Ray after he got his BMW together... hmmmmmmmmm :lol:

And I got no problem running him either. Also you dont know me very well to make the first comment cause you can ask alot of the bike guys how many times I raced them in my vette against their bikes and had my ass handed to me. Also I have raced Sonny, Mike, Shawn, Chris a bunch of times, bike vs bike and they beat me all the time. I really dont care, if there is alot of money at stake then yes I am gonna weigh out my options and pick and choose my race, who wouldnt. But with this race its a free race so I could care less. You are more then welcome to get some of the bimmer to after I race Anthony.

miller your a dumbass, how many cars out there do you see as "cam only" when ever one references internal engine mods it references internal mods only. for example Rodney Naquin’s 2001 Pontiac Trans Am runs the fastest classified as cam only ls1 car in the country. However it has much more than a cam. it has

Performance Modifications: Thunder Racing T-ReX camshaft, Crane dual springs with .030 shims, Thunder Racing hardened pushrods, Thunder Racing 1-3/4" race headers, F.A.S.T. 90mm intake manifold, F.A.S.T. 90 mm throttle body, Thunder Racing custom dyno tune, Moser 12-bolt rear end, 33 spline axles, 4.56 gears with spool, custom 3.5" aluminum driveshaft, Spec stage 4 clutch, Weld Prostar 15x10 wheels with Mickey Thompson 28x10.5x15 ET drags on the rear, Weld Prostar 15x3.5 front with metric radials.

Chassis & Suspension Modifications: BMR boxed subframe connectors, Wolfe Racecraft 6-point chromemoly roll cage, BMR tubular k-member, BMR tubular front a-arms, HAL "F" series drag shocks and springs, BMR adjustable torque arm, BMR Xtreme Duty drag race sway bar, BMR tubular lower control arms, BMR weld-on LCA relocation brackets, BMR tubular adjustable panhard rod

Rodney's car has been raced to a best of 10.433 @ 130.19 mph with a 1.401 sixty foot time. All of this was accomplished on the stock rods, pistons, crankshaft, and cylinder heads. He is the current "camshaft only" ET record holder for LS1 vehicles in the country.

Thunder racing a more reputable and respectable force than your self calls this cam only, why because its the only internal engine modification. I mean really how often do you see someone do heads and a intake but leave the exhaust 100 percent stock. You ask for a heads intake car making 300whp and i presented that and your just talking shit to try to hide looking like a dumb ass. your just another idiot who makes 5.0s look bad. so go install your side pipes just like those dumbasses.

sam with a 24.5 your speed per gear gonna look like such.

1st 2.46 rpm 5517 speed 56mph

2nd 1.46 rpm 5496 speed 94mph

3rd 1.0 rpm 5526 speed 138mph

if you can do the same out of the hole with the 24.5 depending on where your power is your might actually make out better with the 24.5