Can a 550rwhp Fbody beat a 395rwhp bmw

Sam1647545489

Track Day = F-Body VS BMW  

158 members have voted

1. 1. Track Day = F-Body VS BMW

• Sam's 5.0L BMW
    • Anthony's FireBurdy

oh shit i missed the auto entirely. With that setup foxs can easily run low 10s so this is gonna come down to if your gonna hook that power up. You have the possibility to run very low 10s/ high 9.9xx. I think aslong as track conditions permit you hooking youll walk him. The part everyone is missing and i should highlight is this. Your title states "395whp bmw" however with the 15lbs of boost even with the c4 youll still probably be closer to 500whp. Im not trying to talk shit, just stateing the facts. And its a fact that youll win if you stick. Your nearly 1000 lbs lighter with only a small power disadvantage.

On paper i assume you will hook so one more vote goes too you.

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Removed
500rwhp? Sounds like Sam is sandbagging :p

10.70s here, trapping in the 130s. I'm still working out my suspension setup, shift points, and launch technique. The car is not even close to being dialed-in, and I'm changing the damned setup in a few months :o

oh yeah...the other blower pulley will be here tuesday ;)

so get with randy for the retune

:bangbang::bangbang::bangbang::bangbang::bangbang:

500rwhp? Sounds like Sam is sandbagging :p

10.70s here, trapping in the 130s. I'm still working out my suspension setup, shift points, and launch technique. The car is not even close to being dialed-in, and I'm changing the damned setup in a few months :o

I don't know you, but just from reading a lot about your set up and car, I really have fell in love with your car. That has to be one of the best street set ups on cr.

running 10's check!

trapping in the 130's check!

Is this car full interior and ac and heat?

I don't know you, but just from reading a lot about your set up and car, I really have fell in love with your car. That has to be one of the best street set ups on cr.

running 10's check!

trapping in the 130's check!

Is this car full interior and ac and heat?

Yes. I've always aimed for being as streetable as possible.

The exhaust is a bit loud, but I have a new header-back sitting in the garage that will pick up power/torque and will be quieter.

I didn't think Sam's car made the power advertised from him... I thought it made a lot more, but he was at the dyno Sat. and that car did NOT break the 400whp mark at 12#... I dont think 3# will give him 100whp... But... Sorry Anthony, if he can 60' that thing, you are going to have your hands full... I still stick with Sam winning...

3# will net me 60-70rwhp more on my baby blower. I'd venture to say with his turbo, it's possible.

I'll need a few passes anyways to get some things tweaked before running him.

Not on his turbo and setup. If it's extremely efficient he can expect 20+hp # but most likely 15-20 per pound.

i was def thinking 20 to 25 per pound

not usually. If he made 520whp on 15 pounds with gt40's deduct about 250 hp for a strongish running motor and divide that number by pounds of boost. That would be about 18hp per psi. It won't get much higher then that.

More importantly is the torque that engine will make. Mine made a shit ton at very low rpm.

Guest Removed

More importantly is the torque that engine will make. Mine made a shit ton at very low rpm.

and was still climbing before it begged the maf..and just think..that was on 7 cylinders :cool:

miller i believe your calculation is incorrect due to the turbo starting to not be as efficient towards the top end. we would need to see the compressor map for the 72 to determinie this for sure. that and some very well done gt40 head setups can approach 300whp n/a when done right. 15 sounds just about right like he stated. Honestly i think both of you guys are gonna try to come on with everything you think you can put out and alittle more. Running 10.30s sams gonna have to make everyone shit a brick out the hole however its dueable. Both these cars a extremely fast however there both screaming fo 9inchs to reach there true potential. you guys both have too much motor for the car and either could break so its really up in the air. Anthony whats your 60 ft and gear. Whats the final drive on the bmw as well. That gears really gonna determine whos gonna run who down in the top end.

Anthonys car

Im gonna assume you turn it 6400rpm correct me if im wrong

GM 4l60e ratios 1st 3.06 2nd 1.63 3rd 1.0 4th .70

28inch tire 3.73 gear

1st 3.06 rpm 6437 speed 47mph

2nd 1.63 rpm 6420 speed 88mph

3rd 1.0 rpm 6401 speed 143mph

4th .70 rpm 6392 speed 204mph

Anthony your car is very well geared for the strip. On paper i tried several other combos 4.10s/ 26 inch tire and both would probably make you run out of gear unless you go past 64xx.

Sams car

First i have no insight on his car so this is strictly speculation and i will update later if nessecary if he tells me something else is different.

Now if i had a stock 5.0 block boosting i would not go past 5500rpm after 500whp if i wanted it to stay together for anytime. However i believe that sam may possibly run out of gear since hes using a c4. I do not know the final drive of the bmw however im gonna list standard mustang ratios to demonstrate my point

turbo 5.0 BMW 26inch tire c4 transmission

ratios 1st 2.46 2nd 1.46 3rd 1.0 (3.27 ratio)

1st 2.46 rpm 5510 speed 53mph

2nd 1.46 rpm 5491 speed 89mph

3rd 1.0 rpm 5494 speed 130mph (MAXED OUT)

Im gonna list the following rpm and speeds to run both 130mph and 135 assuming 130 losses to anthony and 135 takes him. This is not a set in stone formula im making assumption but my only reason for this is showing the gear ratios.

3.55 130mph=5964rpm. 135mph=6193 (this is ugly territory for stock 5.0 block at 500 plus whp)

3.73 130mph=6266 rpm 135mph=6507

3.90 130mph=6552 rpm 135mph=6804

4.10 130mph=6888 rpm 135mph=7153

Ive come to the conclusion that sams car either has 3.73s or 4.10s from my research on the limited vehicle information provided. Simply put unless he gets a overdrive auto or a different gear ratio or possibly fit a 28inch tire and even that i dont believe will be enough and he will runn out of gear

Edited by Drew2o2