Obama wins Nobel peace prize

Rustlestiltskin

Since you insist:

One of the few things I respect of Obama is his supposed openness to diplomacy. Not even Clinton advocated it the way he does. However, he has not particularly practiced this diplomacy yet, nor even had the time to. Therefore, I do not see what qualifications the Nobel committee looked at. It is not "bad" that the President won it, it just looks questionable why others who are more qualified have never won it.

Quit being nice... we all know he didnt deserve this at all. Its fake and he got it because of his title. Based on this, becoming the president should come with a free doctorate, a nobel prize, and your own star on the Hollywood walk of fame... oh wait, it pretty much does.

They way over did it with this one.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quit being nice... we all know he didnt deserve this at all. Its fake and he got it because of his title. Based on this, becoming the president should come with a free doctorate, a nobel prize, and your own star on the Hollywood walk of fame... oh wait, it pretty much does.

You're my gyro.

And Hitler was Time Magazines man of the year in 1938... hmmmm food for thought!

Not praising him by any means, but he actually did something for Germany during one of the worst times in World history. Brought Germany out of a huge depression after WWI, to build one of the most influential super powers of that time.

From CNN

“I am both surprised and deeply humbled,” Obama said at the White House. “I do not view it as a recognition of my own accomplishments. But rather as an affirmation of American leadership. … I will accept this award as a call to action.”

Obama said he did not feel he deserves “to be in the company” of past

winners.

I agree with the wtf, I bet Obama agrees too.

What do you mean when you say he is a "joke"?

What has he done to deserve this? What has he acomplished? He was president for a whole 2 weeks before the deadline to be nominated for the prize?

This is just another way the Obama nutswingers are promoting this man as being something hes not!

White: he is amusing, i have to laugh at every speech the celebrity pres gives. He and his cabinets have not clue what they are doing.

He should be winning an Oscar too for fooling the American public into believing he is something he's not.

Also gald to see the Olympic board didn't follow suit and bow down to him and Oprah.

I can't wait to be President...................

I will vote for you.

"Making peace with the Muslim community"..Why? We are fighting Islamic extremists not Muslims. It just so happens to be on their land. Where we could leave, allowing the Haqquani, Al Quaeda, and Taliban to continue taking children and raping women. Only to raise the children to be part of the militia.

<ahem>

http://newsinfo.nd.edu/news/11293-president-obama-to-deliver-notre-dames-commencement-address

What has he done to deserve this? What has he acomplished? He was president for a whole 2 weeks before the deadline to be nominated for the prize?

I'm thinking....the deadline is Feb 1 of 2010, not 2009. There's no way this is 8 month old news.