2010 SHO runs a 12.75 with just an airbox and tune

DTM Brian

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We went down to Ricart to tour the show room floor and meet the "new" Shelby Cobras they are selling there. There was an SHO in the show room floor that grabbed my attention, and I'll have to tell you, it IS a big car! The front fender stood above my hip, and I'm six foot! You should see the room in that trunk too - haven't seen that much room in ANY car in a while!

The inside was very nice too - comfortable, and the center console was really accessible (it didn't feel like anything was "far away" from you). I have to tell you... for a car that size? It ROCKED.

A car is as reliable as the maintenance that it receives.

+1 on that. I put 170k on my lightly modded GT, and never had a single problem out of it, and it was an auto.

I'll take the engine out of the SHO, you can keep the rest.

Last I heard GM was dicking around with the Idea of keeping the G8 in the family and making it the new Caprice.

I've owned Fords, GMs, Hondas, Mitsus, VWs, a Porsche, Mercedes, and one BMW. I've talked to mechanics who work on all of them and they ALL hate their ownbrand the worst. Ford techs hate Fords, BMW techs hate BMW, on and on and on.

Its *ALL* personal conjecture. Rationalizing what you like with anecdotes.

They all break. Or they all run to a million miles. Anyone thinks one brand is blanketly better than another hasnt been around long enough.

Buy what you want. Trash it or take care of it is the main factor in how it will last.

I can't believe we have ANOTHER one of these threads.

Is a current Audi/Bmw/MB/Lexus owner going to be considering the SHO? NO

Is it really a "sports" sedan? No, not really

Is it however a giant accomplishment for Ford, for which they should be proud?

Hell Yes.

:cool:

Looks like "Beef Cake" is at it again.

Anyone that knows Beef Cake knows he has had some fast fords including cobras and lightnings.

4500 pounds with driver. Beef Cake is a big boy!!

I have been around ford drag racing for 10+ yrs and Brian is correct. Terry a.k.a. Beef Cake has had some fast and sweet cars!

Here is the GT500 he bought and only had it a few months.

08' Alloy GT 500 - 1921 Miles

SCT XCal2............................................. ..........$400

JLT carbon fiber intake.......................................$449

Upper supercharger pulley.................................$100

Metco auxillary idler pulley................................$190

Borla axle back exhaust.....................................$525

Dynotech 900 hp aluminum driveshaft...............$750

Steeda tri ax shifter........................................... .$310

Shelby 20" Chrome Razor Wheels.....................$1400

Nitto tires............................................. ..............$1000

Clear bra (covers bumper / hood / fenders......$900

20% Window tint.............................................. ...$200

Tokico d spec front struts and rear shocks........$580

Bmr upper control arm........................................$200

BMR billet lower control arms.............................$230

BMR sway bar relocation.......................................$ 35

BMR tubular adj panhard bar..............................$140

BMR drive shaft safety loop................................$100

BMR lowering springs 1.25 ft 1.75 rear...............$230

BMR camber bolts............................................. .....$40

BMR lower control arm relocation bracket.........$140

BMR upper control arm relocation bracket.........$140

BMR upper panhard bar support.........................$110

FRPP 4.10 Gear.............................................. ..$300

Corbeau Seats............................................. ...$1000

Total Aftermarket Parts....................................$9469

Total Installation Labor plus dyno tuning........$1400

TOTAL AFTERMARKET....................................... ..$10869

Car is garage kept. Dynoed 520rwhp at 120 miles before the driveshaft and any break in, i'd guess somwhere around 530-540rwhp. Took the car to the track 2 times, it ran 11.17@123.05

http://www.new-used-ford-cars-trucks-for-sale-bankruptcy-special-financing.com/shelby34.jpg

http://www.new-used-ford-cars-trucks-for-sale-bankruptcy-special-financing.com/shelby38.jpg

will be looking forward to some, i've had quite a few fast stangs,

10 sec 99 cobra

2 - 01 Lightning last one had 700 hp 900 ft/lbs

04 cobra - 535 rwhp

and most recently an 06 gt

md motorsports here in cincinnati is a pretty good modular tuner as well

thinkin i might go with a bigger blower right away

The above quote was from a gt500 forum that i am on. This was before beefcake took delivery on his gt500

I was trying to find some more pics and videos of some of his cool cars. If anyone is looking to buy a Ford he is a car sales man @ a Ford dealership in Cincinnati

I can buy a 335Xi for the same price, no thanks.

Try $5,130 less.

Let's break that down in case 5 large isn't a big amount.

Base for the 2010 335i x drive sedan (least expensive AWD 335) is $42,300.

Base for the 2010 Taurus SHO is $37,170.

The Taurus SHO is only $2320 more expensive than the BMW 328xi. Much less than the price difference from the SHO to the 335xi. That's a little more apples to apples (price wise).

The BMW 335xi is 14% more expensive than the SHO.

On a 4 year payment plan at 5% the payment (just using some round numbers for comparison) on the BMW is $974/mth, over $100 more than the show at $856/mth.

I'm not saying which one I would rather like or is better (whether you talk about price or not), but it's a little more than dishonest to say cars that are separated by 5 thousand dollars cost the same.

I've heard some really good things about the interior and drive characteristics of the SHO.

I've heard equally discouraging things about the brakes on the 335 as I have the SHO, both woefully under braked for the speeds and size of the vehicles.

Try $5,130 less.

Let's break that down in case 5 large isn't a big amount.

Base for the 2010 335i x drive sedan (least expensive AWD 335) is $42,300.

Base for the 2010 Taurus SHO is $37,170.

The Taurus SHO is only $2320 more expensive than the BMW 328xi. Much less than the price difference from the SHO to the 335xi. That's a little more apples to apples (price wise).

The BMW 335xi is 14% more expensive than the SHO.

On a 4 year payment plan at 5% the payment (just using some round numbers for comparison) on the BMW is $974/mth, over $100 more than the show at $856/mth.

I'm not saying which one I would rather like or is better (whether you talk about price or not), but it's a little more than dishonest to say cars that are separated by 5 thousand dollars cost the same.

I've heard some really good things about the interior and drive characteristics of the SHO.

I've heard equally discouraging things about the brakes on the 335 as I have the SHO, both woefully under braked for the speeds and size of the vehicles.

I would like to break your analysis down as well.

The SHO has AWD standard, the 335i has RWD standard. The 335i should NOT be penalized price wise because the SHO doesn't give you a drivetrain option. If AWD isn't important to the customer, then they won't buy it, and they will be able to get into the 335i for less money than you indicated. My point is also the same point that C&D used when testing the 335i against the new S4 when they picked a RWD 335i with sport package instead of a 335xi.

Your argument is exactly the same as that of Audi owners when comparing to BMW's. They think that you have to compare an Audi to the xi BMW because the Audi has it. Quality winter tires on a 335i will be more than enough for MOST people.

I'm just comparing apples to apples. That and I was responding specifically to space ghost who,he was talking about the awd version and said they were the same price. Even using the rwd version the BMW is still much more expensive than the sho. Edited by Trouble Maker

A car is as reliable as the maintenance that it receives.

New sig quote.

One bad thing about the 335's are that they are popping turbos left and right already. Turbo replacement on one of those will cost you $14K.

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=137302&highlight=turbo+lady

"I mentioned last week that some higher boost cars were having turbo failures. One had the V2, downpipes, intake, and catback. BMW investigated and denied warranty coverage after finding "evidence" of tampering, so the owner had to approve $14800 of work "so far". If the engine has to be replaced, tack on about another $15000. The engine block alone is $11,845 (pt#11-00-0-415-278). I looked all this up initially, because I wanted to know how much it would cost to replace my engine if I blew it up. What I didn't realize is that you can spend another $14,000+ when you have to replace your turbos, and catalytic converters, etc. $30,000 is definitely something that gets your attention. As I said, the DME records everything from exhaust valve disconnect, implausible throttle angle/boost, misfires, battery disconnects, and even light bulb removals. I have also heard other cars in which the turbos have become noisey (whine) after usage at higher boost levels. I really think tunes that boost at anything above what Dinan recommended, (12-13 psi?) will start destroying your turbos. "

http://www.e90post.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=149484&stc=1&d=1209229427

http://www.e90post.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=156886&stc=1&d=1211519964

http://www.e90post.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=156887&stc=1&d=1211519964

Not to mention the SHO is more the size of a 5 series than a 3 series.

Fixed that for you. The interior space of the new SHO is much smaller than the exterior suggests. I couldn't fit (leg room wise) in the new SHO. I do fit in the 3 series.

I can say I'm really excited about the eco boost engines in general. There should be a ton of them around eventually and be much cheaper than any numbers mentioned here so far. I'm really excited for some reason about the next ranger (rumored to have the 1.6L eco boost, ~180hp/180tq).

Nothing comes from the factory as a base model. so comparing base prices don't really mean shit.

s4- price as tested almost 60k

Talk about a completely false, blanket statement. If you want a base car, you can dealer trade for it, or order it.

I got my GTI on dealer trade, 0 options. Went in today to look at the new 2010 GTI's and guess what, a 0 option car.

Most 335's and S4's wont be 0 option, your right, and neither will the SHO's. Just because base cars aren't popular, doesn't mean that some people wouldn't rather have a base S4 than a loaded SHO.

The S4 I built was just under 50k. None of the high dollar options, just sport diff, blutooth and 6mt.