2010 SHO runs a 12.75 with just an airbox and tune

DTM Brian

The SHO uses 314.xx mm (12.3") front brakes, which are only 2mm larger than my GTI's. The SHO weighs anywhere from 1000 to 1200 lbs more depending on options lol.

WOW. Hell my MS3 has 12.6" on the front and 11" on the rear. This little fucker stops on a dime when you want her to. Using the Ford Flex Brakes on a fat Pig isn't exactly a smart move. My guess is they will begin to share some parts from the Pony soon.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks like "Beef Cake" is at it again.

Anyone that knows Beef Cake knows he has had some fast fords including cobras and lightnings.

4500 pounds with driver. Beef Cake is a big boy!!

Not too bad for a car that weighs in at 4500+ with driver. Not my choice, but it seems that it has potential. My favorite comment was about the old school SHO being better with the Yamaha motor. Can't say that I ever saw one run 12 anything, but they didn't cost 45K either.

WOW. Hell my MS3 has 12.6" on the front and 11" on the rear. This little fucker stops on a dime when you want her to. Using the Ford Flex Brakes on a fat Pig isn't exactly a smart move. My guess is they will begin to share some parts from the Pony soon.

Yeah, they are 12.4", which is 315mm. They are stock Taurus brakes with different pads.

The VW could use some better brakes from the factory, they aren't up to my standards. The R32 brake swap is what I want. Hopefully next year. 345mm, and same brakes used on the 3850lb B6/B7 S4's.

No worries.....I'll blame it on the fact that you drive a VW ;)

:(

Not too bad for a car that weighs in at 4500+ with driver. Not my choice, but it seems that it has potential. My favorite comment was about the old school SHO being better with the Yamaha motor. Can't say that I ever saw one run 12 anything, but they didn't cost 45K either.

Actually there are some gen 1/2's running 12's. Not very many because of traction issues, but they are roll cars. FWD, high RPM engines and diffs that explode without a LSD=no dig car. The Gen 1/2's cost around 20-30k in 89-95. With inflation, 20k in 89 would be 36k in 09. 30k in 95 would be 43k. So they are about the same.

no use in making threads like this---no one is impressed i guess. the negativity towards many american cars here is remarkable--which is shocking considering the majority of people here favor american cars, and have a general sense of pride in this country.

the car is loaded with features, power, and potential--and i think it looks good. sure, its out of many peoples' price range, and you could buy 'x', 'y', or 'z' from overseas and look like every other faggot yuppie in the drive thru of starbucks for your daily grande latte enema (don't spill it on your silk tie, dick). its unlike any car ford has ever built, and gm has nothing to match it outside of their cadillac lineup.

continue the bitching, ladies.

• Upvote 1

no use in making threads like this---no one is impressed i guess. the negativity towards many american cars here is remarkable--which is shocking considering the majority of people here favor american cars, and have a general sense of pride in this country.

the car is loaded with features, power, and potential--and i think it looks good. sure, its out of many peoples' price range, and you could buy 'x', 'y', or 'z' from overseas and look like every other faggot yuppie in the drive thru of starbucks for your daily grande latte enema (don't spill it on your silk tie, dick). its unlike any car ford has ever built, and gm has nothing to match it outside of their cadillac lineup.

lol. Gotta buy merican cause I love this here country.

I am an equal opportunity hater/lover. If a company offers a product I like, I will buy it. Until Ford/Chevy (all domestics) get their head out of their ass, nothing strikes my fancy besides the Corvette and the CTS-V's.

With that said, this new SHO is a great step forward and hopefully is just a small glance of what is to come from Ford.

+rep for making me laugh

G8?

For some of us more features is less interest, find me a new car with crank windows, 5 speed and no navigation. Features are expensive to fix and are generally not needed by car enthusiasts. Hell half of you guys rip that shit out anyway when you build a race car for pete's sake, so what is the point of having it there?

I dislike Ford because I have to work on them, I would not own one because of that. I will gladly work on anything, it's good to have work, but Ford is at the bottom in enjoyment factor.

My Ford suv has 171,000+ miles on it. I bet your car never sees that.

I hope it does. I have been through 4 cars in the last 4 years and I finally found the one I want to keep for a LONG time. I specifically got a 0 option car to limit the price and potential for things going wrong down the road.

I wasn't saying Ford's can't be reliable, I am saying that Fords transmissions are notoriously bad, and a car with this much power, and weight, can only multiply the stressors on the admitedly weak stock transmission. It is also stuffed with many high content features that seem to inhibit long term reliability.

Stopped by a dealership today. Just starting to look around into a bigger awd sedan and the SHO is in the category.

Sharp car. However the dealer insisted on all the SHO models he gets the rest of the year there will be a 5k mark up on them. Basically a 50k car with all the bells and whistles...no thanks. BMW 335xi here I come.

G8?

For some of us more features is less interest, find me a new car with crank windows, 5 speed and no navigation. Features are expensive to fix and are generally not needed by car enthusiasts. Hell half of you guys rip that shit out anyway when you build a race car for pete's sake, so what is the point of having it there?

I dislike Ford because I have to work on them, I would not own one because of that. I will gladly work on anything, it's good to have work, but Ford is at the bottom in enjoyment factor.

this is not a race car. its a car that is supposed to match up with cadillacs, audis, entry level mercedes, and bimmers---none of those people rip the interiors out of their cars.

the G8 is close, but not close enough to be in the same category as this car. with pontiac gone, and the G8 not being made anymore, this is a moot point. take a look at the list of features on the SHO, and ask yourself if the G8 comes close. sure, its probably faster--i like the looks of the G8 more, but the fact that they don't make them anymore makes the comparison invalid.

G8?

Last I checked, that was another re-badged Holden they brought to the U.S market.

"The G8 and the Commodore will be built in the same Australian plant, with the facility running at full steam to a tune of 620 units per day. About half of that number will make its way outside of OZ, split between Chevrolet (Middle East), Vauxhall (UK), Daewoo (Korea), and Pontiac."

The G8 isn't really all that impressive if you ask me. LSX + X Transmission + RWD = Majority of GM's boring line up.

Stopped by a dealership today. Just starting to look around into a bigger awd sedan and the SHO is in the category.

Sharp car. However the dealer insisted on all the SHO models he gets the rest of the year there will be a 5k mark up on them. Basically a 50k car with all the bells and whistles...no thanks. BMW 335xi here I come.

I haven't heard many dealers doing markups, wonder where you went. I did hear that they were offering 1k DISCOUNT actually.

If it is true, its the exact reason why the domestic dealers are killing demand for their good cars. They did it for the G8, now the SHO. Walk into an Audi/BMW/Mercedes/Lexus dealer and you won't find any markups. Walk into a Ford/Chevy dealer, and they mark up the ONLY cars worth buying.

Its laughable that the domestic dealers do this.

Check out the new S4. They just compared it with the 335, and the S4 won, handily.

I haven't heard many dealers doing markups, wonder where you went. I did hear that they were offering 1k DISCOUNT actually.

If it is true, its the exact reason why the domestic dealers are killing demand for their good cars. They did it for the G8, now the SHO. Walk into an Audi/BMW/Mercedes/Lexus dealer and you won't find any markups. Walk into a Ford/Chevy dealer, and they mark up the ONLY cars worth buying.

Its laughable that the domestic dealers do this.

Check out the new S4. They just compared it with the 335, and the S4 won, handily.

I moved to Denver this past year. Dealership was "Go Ford West" off of 70 in Wheat Ridge. I couldnt believe the mark up when I saw it...I asked the salesmen why it was marked up and was told "its a limited model and only 5k will be made".

You hit the nail on the head. This is the problem with the American companies. Went to Lexus to drive an IS awd and the guy was more than willing to negotiate.

I will gladly work on any 05+ Ford as they are some of the easiest vehicles to work on. Well built, stuff doesnt break when coming apart, and they take abuse.

I moved to Denver this past year. Dealership was "Go Ford West" off of 70 in Wheat Ridge. I couldnt believe the mark up when I saw it...I asked the salesmen why it was marked up and was told "its a limited model and only 5k will be made".

You hit the nail on the head. This is the problem with the American companies. Went to Lexus to drive an IS awd and the guy was more than willing to negotiate.

Their must be your location, because the one I saw in Columbus did not have a markup. Also, the SHO is not a limited production car.

I would try out the new S4 though, like I said.

Their must be your location, because the one I saw in Columbus did not have a markup. Also, the SHO is not a limited production car.

I would try out the new S4 though, like I said.

Will do...there are a handful of used RS4's in the area as well that are for sale:cool:...cheaper than the SHO:rolleyes: