I AM GETTING A NEW CAR! which is a better buy???

Guest JCroz91

Guest JCroz91

ill have $17,000 in spring.

i have 2 options.

buy a 03/04 mach and do the eaton swap for around $17k and that would put me around 440rwhp. id eventually want more so id prob end up having to build it.

or.

buy an 03/04 GT, Build it with forged internals, and boost it. (not sure how much it cost to build a GT with forged internals...?)

what do you think?

EDIT:: I AM GETTING A CAR IN SPRING. 100% NO QUESTIONS ASKED I AM GETTING A CAR. :bangbang::bangbang::bangbang:

Edited by JCroz91

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest JCroz91
03 cobra??

i wish... insurance is too high.

im on an sr22 bond cause of my points. i pay $1700 a year now for liability on the sixxer

quoted $328 a month on a gt.

sr22 bond falls off in 2012 which will drop my rates a lot

mustangs are my thing... need to be faster than crawdad (my brother) before im 20.

any idea average cost to build a GT with forged internals??

Talk to Mitch with the Black GT on here. He can tell you how much to expect to spend on GT long block.

Guest JCroz91
Here is what you can do with a Eaton and stock pulley on a mach.

http://75.180.27.125:50001/Dyno%20Graphs%20and%20Pictures./Dyno%20Graphs/Jim%20Diebold%202004%20Mach%201.jpg

yeah but that wont last on stock internals will it? i did this same thread on svtp and someone asked

"does anyone know how long a mach will last at 470rwhp with stock internals?"

and they replied that they had one and it last a month and at the first track day it blew up.

Talk to Mitch with the Black GT on here. He can tell you how much to expect to spend on GT long block.

Too much :) its not just building a block...you have so much more in everything else you need to have these cars hold up.But ill sell you my car already built and boosted

Guest JCroz91
Too much :) its not just building a block...you have so much more in everything else you need to have these cars hold up.But ill sell you my car already built and boosted

wont be buying till spring but it could happen. how much power do you make and y are you selling?

i dunno how long it'll last personally but i know derek had a shit ton of runs at track days and I'm sure he had fun w/ it on the daily. Seemed to be fine and I think it made 44x/44x to the wheels.

+1 on the 99/01 Cobra, Swap a blower on it from an 03/04 car and do all the other support mods and I'm sure you would be happy.

Are you wanting 500hp or 500rwhp, because it is different and I'm not sure if you'd be unhappy w/ 500 crank hp, esp coming from 254/280tq....just saying.

You can get a decently clean 99/01 cobra for under $10k, spend another $3-$4k on eaton swap, full exhaust, tuning, and some suspension/fuel stuff and still hve a few grand in the bank?

Built transmission, built motor, blower kit, rear-end, and what else? Doesn't matter what you drive, it takes money to make it fast. For $17,000 you can find a decent GT and have a built motor, rear-end, and a blower, but maybe not the tranny.

doesnt seem bad... i just dont know how much insurance would be on that just cause it has cobra in the name

Only other option I see here is to do a motor swap with your car which will keep your insurance a bit cheaper. Sounds like you need to get a Chevette and put an LS1 in it to keep your rates cheap. Or you could do a focus with the 03/04 swap.