My fucking washer just blew up

HotCarl

I cant fucking believe it?! Come home from practice, throw some hockey gear in there (like i have many times before its all washer safe) throw it on, 5 min later here a big boom/bang and water is pouring out the bottom of it. Fucking sweet. Anyone know how to fix these things or would it be cheaper/easier to spring for a new one? I pulled it out and turned off the water *****et but dont know dick about washing machines or how they function.

They aren't too difficult just gotta get in there and start checking out where its leaking from. A physical leak seems like it would be easier than troubleshooting an electrical problem! Make sure you unplug it!

theyre so cheap anymore, id just buy a new one and forget about it. i got a set of washer/dryer at appliancesmart a few years ago that has a HUGE tub in the washer, for like <500 for the set.

my best friend does appliance repair, but unfortunately, he lives in pittsburgh

Just open the back of it up. Find where the leak is. You may have just broken one of the water ports or something. I know something similar happened to mine and the replacement part was $20 and about 30 minutes worth of work to figure it out.

Great time for a set of front loaders. A failure caused my purchase.

Its just me for a while so i doubt i need something with large capacity but something to save on water and energy wouldnt be bad. If i buy something chances are it'll be on the cheap.

I had a family thing to go to so didnt have time to check it out other than cleaning up and turning off the water. We'll see, if its something easy i'll try and figure it out if not appliancemart it is. If anyone is selling somthing on the cheap let me know.

theyre so cheap anymore, id just buy a new one and forget about it. i got a set of washer/dryer at appliancesmart a few years ago that has a HUGE tub in the washer, for like <500 for the set.

my best friend does appliance repair, but unfortunately, he lives in pittsburgh

+1, i bought a brand new set for like $600 from hhgregg during a big sale, front loaders ftw.