Who has bought their parents a car?

KentStateTsi

Long story short.

1. Parents paid for 5 years of college.

2. Allowed me to live on and off at home till I was 22.

3. They usually buy something cheap to save a little money.

4. My dad retires in ~4 years

I'm not a kiss ass but I do appreciate what they have done for me. They love the C5-C6 vettes but have gone cheap and started looking at miatas.

Side note: 4-5 friend families have S2000's

C5's can be had for under 20k easily. They don't care about speed/hp numbers/making noise. They want something to troll around town in. Where should I look besides ebay and autotrader?

• Upvote 1

I wish my dad could have been around long enough for me to find him another '59 Alpha Romeo convertible. He had one before they got married and I always wanted to find him another one. He never would have bought another one on his own, but of all the cars he owned that one was his favorite.

Don't wait too long, you never know how many opportunities you'll have.

If they have two decent vehicles now. And your dad is getting ready to retire. Find out if your parents had a car when he was a kid that they loved. Maybe a old Camaro/Mustang/Chevelle/Torino. Or maybe even a cruiser. A old hot rod could be the perfect gift for someone who is retiring.

Gave my dad my 99GTP in 03. He garaged it for me from 01-03 and instead of selling it, I just turned the title to him and he drove it up until last year when he bought an Malibu LTZ.

They don't need the money and while we do/don't, I don't want anything for it. I know in my heart "family stays together" and they will be there for me if I do ever need anything. To me, that's what family does.

Good luck in your venture.

If they have two decent vehicles now. And your dad is getting ready to retire. Find out if your parents had a car when he was a kid that they loved. Maybe a old Camaro/Mustang/Chevelle/Torino. Or maybe even a cruiser. A old hot rod could be the perfect gift for someone who is retiring.

This is it right here. My dads first car was GTO. Im always looking for one that I can restore to give to him.

I think it will be a Christmas present for 2010. I will return from the hills of the Afghan approx Dec. 7th 2010. I need to find a way to include my lil bro in this as well. I know growing up my dad had a monza and mom had a mustang fastback that would vaporlock daily. They talk about the cars but they weren't fond of them. If my pops old Datsun 4x4 didnt rust out I know he'd still be driving it around the outter banks in the sand. he did love that thing.

I think it will be a Christmas present for 2010. I will return from the hills of the Afghan approx Dec. 7th 2010. I need to find a way to include my lil bro in this as well. I know growing up my dad had a monza and mom had a mustang fastback that would vaporlock daily. They talk about the cars but they weren't fond of them. If my pops old Datsun 4x4 didnt rust out I know he'd still be driving it around the outter banks in the sand. he did love that thing.

Looks like we could possibly see each other in the OEF theatre. :cool:

If you're digging the C5, you can deffinately score one in the sub $20K. You can easily nail a 98-99 for around that range in good shape.

Looks like we could possibly see each other in the OEF theatre. :cool:

If you're digging the C5, you can deffinately score one in the sub $20K. You can easily nail a 98-99 for around that range in good shape.

Did you get the go? I will be at FOB Shank(shitty name IMO). I found some pretty nice ones down here for under $15k even. Higher mileage (75k plus) but they are in decent shape. I went to a chevy dealer today and talked to a sales lady. Asked about C5 vettes. She said they dont have any 05's in but they do have an 04. I wanted to kick her in the cunt. I said C5 not 05. Then she tried to pitch me a new camero SS/RS cause it has expensive wheels and 427 or 428hp she couldnt remember. Dan Vaden dealerships are dissappearing monthly so I doubt she will be employed much longer.

Did you get the go? I will be at FOB Shank(shitty name IMO). I found some pretty nice ones down here for under $15k even. Higher mileage (75k plus) but they are in decent shape. I went to a chevy dealer today and talked to a sales lady. Asked about C5 vettes. She said they dont have any 05's in but they do have an 04. I wanted to kick her in the cunt. I said C5 not 05. Then she tried to pitch me a new camero SS/RS cause it has expensive wheels and 427 or 428hp she couldnt remember. Dan Vaden dealerships are dissappearing monthly so I doubt she will be employed much longer.

I should have my orders cut here shortly. Not sure where I'll be at, but I know I'm attatched with 3-172INF out of Vermont.

I found a boatload of C5's on cars.com one day just looking.