Samsung HD TV owners: tech issue

The Pikey

I have a two year old Samsung 40inch 1080p that just started a real weird power issue. For some reason when I turn the set on, it clicks on and off repeatedly, and wont stop unless I unplug it. I've unplugged it for the night, but it still does this...and when it does actually stay on, I just get vertical white lines, but with audio. I've read that something internal might be causing a false overheating issue...sort of a safe mode, I guess. I've tried searching the AVS forum, but that place is a cluster-fuck to me.

Anyone ever have a similar issue, and what is the possible fix (cheap, I hope)? It's a few months out of warranty. I'm pretty sure my Best Buy extended has expired, too.

Thanks for any help

Peace

I have a two year old Samsung 40inch 1080p that just started a real weird power issue.

diodes and relays go bad in tvs alot. thats where i would start. check the rectifier diodes circuit first. there will be a cluster of 4 diodes or something that looks like a fuse that would be under the hood of your car. that is my guess.

Well, I did as many searches I could; and found out it's kind of common with a few Samsung models from that year. It's the capacitors from the power supply board...

http://www.crovean.net/samsung-lcd-tv-power-up-problem

Not too hard of fix, just need to have some basic soldering skills to replace the capacitors. Hope this helps anyone with a similar problem,

Thanks again for the responses.

Peace

I have a 56' that will act up and wont power on or off from time to time until I unplug it. Only happens every now and then so I just ignored it... I get a blank screen if its powered on when it happens. I'll wait until my extended warranty is about to expire then just use that to get a new tv ;)

Had my tv for 4 years now, only had to replace the bulb once.

I have a 56' that will act up and wont power on or off from time to time until I unplug it. Only happens every now and then so I just ignored it... I get a blank screen if its powered on when it happens. I'll wait until my extended warranty is about to expire then just use that to get a new tv ;)

Had my tv for 4 years now, only had to replace the bulb once.

thats a huge tv. sounds like its taller than my house!

I remember reading up on mine (LNT4661-F) and that samsung had a software update for ones made before a certain date or something. I would maybe try to search your model number and see if there is a software update. I guess the general rule when it comes to software updates on them is that "if it aint broke, dont fix it".