Got a 3800 s/c v6 swap question

Rustlestiltskin

I have a friends dad who wants to swap out his N/A 3800v6 engine out of his 1995 buick riviera and swap in a S/C 3800v6 out of a 1998 buick riviera. What all does he need in order to make this swap happen? What else does he need to switch out on his car? Basically, what does this swap involve.

I know there are plenty of 3800 v6 guru's on here so any help is GREATLY APPRECIATED

Thanks guys,

Paul:cool:

so if its a series II then he can just swap top engine? more info?

If it's a Series II (which I doubt.. I think the Series II came out in 96), He'd have to swap the heads, S/C, LIM, fuel rails, all accessories (alt, wp, etc), coils/brackets, etc).

Then again, I doubt the trans would even hold up if you put a s/c on it.

If it's a Series II (which I doubt.. I think the Series II came out in 96), He'd have to swap the heads, S/C, LIM, fuel rails, all accessories (alt, wp, etc), coils/brackets, etc).

I forgot they did come out in 96 and the trans holds because you run a 4.0 pully not a 3.8

Guest Removed

i think i have every thing but a crank pulley for the swap....