ZRX Owner Reviews

Disclaimer

Anyone have one, ridden one, work on them?

4263_0_1_2_zrx%201200%20r_Image%20by%20Kawasaki.%20Published%20with%20permission..jpg

I know I said I'd never get another carb'd bike, but I think I want one. Any reviews (good or bad)? Preferential model years and why that year is better than the others? Any quirks or traits these bikes are known for? How comfortable is it two-up (especially for the passenger)?

I've searched the net for reviews and found a couple, but I wanted a current rider perspective in addition to what the mag riders have to say.

Thanks. :cool:

Edited by JRMMiii

Two of the guys who rode around Lake Michigan with us last year had several of them Justin. Absolutely LOVED them. The one guy had 3 different ones, after getting rid of his 'Bird for it. Any time you talked to him, you had to listen to him preach the gospel of ZRex. You can mod the hell out of them. He just recently got rid of the last one to get a ZR1000, which he now likes even better.

He used to frequent the ZRex board faithfully. I can put you in touch with him if you want.

Thanks for the offer, but I might just have to troll over on the forums on some of those sites before I get too involved. The Z1000 sounds tempting too since it's fuel injected - I dunno, maybe I'll just enjoy what I have for awhile, I don't need 3 in the stable yet.

Here's the board my buddies hang on Justin. He felt very highly of the people/info on there.........

http://zrxoa.org/forums/

Like Bry said.....That bike has a cult like following. I read an article within the last year, where the author claimed no other bike could be modded as much, in both suspension & motor, and yield such better results, as the ZReX

We were gonna swap bikes for a bit on that trip, so he could try & proselytize me + get a chance to ride a 'Bird again.....But we never got around to it. As much as I wanted to test ride the Rex.....I'd just gotten Tigger back from paint the day before we left, and was in no hurry to give up my newly made over steed ;)

They're badazz lookin' bikes that I've always admired.....If they'd just get rid of those stupid old school side shox & modernize to a monoshock. Only thing I have against them

Check my albums for the Lake Mich trip to see pix of 'em. Jeff's is the silver/grey one, & Mike had the ELR

Edited by Fonzie

Thanks for the offer, but I might just have to troll over on the forums on some of those sites before I get too involved. The Z1000 sounds tempting too since it's fuel injected - I dunno, maybe I'll just enjoy what I have for awhile, I don't need 3 in the stable yet.

Let me get mine running and you can take it for a spin.

Here's the board my buddies hang on Justin. He felt very highly of the people/info on there.........

http://zrxoa.org/forums/

Like Bry said.....That bike has a cult like following. I read an article within the last year, where the author claimed no other bike could be modded as much, in both suspension & motor, and yield such better results, as the ZReX

We were gonna swap bikes for a bit on that trip, so he could try & proselytize me + get a chance to ride a 'Bird again.....But we never got around to it. As much as I wanted to test ride the Rex.....I'd just gotten Tigger back from paint the day before we left, and was in no hurry to give up my newly made over steed ;)

They're badazz lookin' bikes that I've always admired.....If they'd just get rid of those stupid old school side shox & modernize to a monoshock. Only thing I have against them

Check my albums for the Lake Mich trip to see pix of 'em. Jeff's is the silver/grey one, & Mike had the ELR

Only bad thing is they swear it will spank a Busa. Riiiiiiiiiiight:nono:

Poll time... ZRX or Z1000?

2001 ZRX

21499_0_1_2_zrx%201200%20r_Image%20credits%20-%20Kawasaki.jpg

Pros:

Retro Styling

Old School UJM feel

Outboard shocks (part of the styling)

Cons:

Carbureted

Resale value

Wind protection

2003 Z1000

2003_ZR1000_RHS_1024.jpg

Pros:

Streetfighter look (love the 4-2-4 pipes)

2003 model is Orange (I have an Orange Crush)

Fuel injected

Cons:

Suspension

Vibration

Wind protection

Discuss... where are all you kawi guys to steer a 'zuki fan in the right direction?