Riddle: What is all aluminum, has 8 pistons, and is full of win?

Berto

Thats the right Idea, lets see how my 'swap skillzzzz' are after this one I might try that into the F150. I just with my truck was extended cab or crew cab :-/

It's not horrible to do in the Super Duty trucks, but the 150 chasis will be interesting. But a regular cab V6 with a 24V swap would be most ill.

Q: What is all aluminum, has 8 pistons, and is full of win?

A:

http://www.jlosee.com/images/RS4/PDF/Engine_Cutaway_420hp-4.2LV8FSI.jpg

I don't care how many RPM's that motor can spin, it can't make the power of an LS3, for much more than the cost of an LS7. And likely weighs more too. Hell, on a dyno, I'd bet it makes less power than an LS2 or LS6 as well.

Berto, this will be the best thing you have ever done to that car. Getting rid of that shitty rotary is the right thing to do. And if you sell it, the car will sell for more money than it ever would have with a modded rotary, and sell more easily.

[quote name=

Berto, this will be the best thing you have ever done to that car. Getting rid of that shitty rotary is the right thing to do. And if you sell it, the car will sell for more money than it ever would have with a modded rotary, and sell more easily.

Rotary engines are not that bad. its a common spread rumor by people who have only heard the bad. i own 2 i have a NA with 169,000 miles on the stock motor and runs strong as hell. and a third gen with over 400 to the wheel and still running strong, and the motor was built in 2004. so :confused: its all in the build and how you take care of it.

Berto, glad to see you doing what YOU want with the car. Of course I like to see the RX7's with the original motor they came with. Great deal on the motor. Hell, if I found one for that price, I'd entertain picking it up.

Can't wait to see her done.

I don't care how many RPM's that motor can spin, it can't make the power of an LS3, for much more than the cost of an LS7. And likely weighs more too. Hell, on a dyno, I'd bet it makes less power than an LS2 or LS6 as well.

Depends on what you are looking for...but dont try to tell me that an LSx is better than the audi 4.2, its one of the best motors ever made. I dont think it weights more. Not to mention pushrods are fail, its fucking 2009 people! That motor stock makes 420, I can almost guarantee that it will respond better to mods than an LS1, its just that since it uses the latest tech, shits more expensive to mod, and it wouldn't make any sense to put that in an rx7, it belongs in an R8/RS4.

Depends on what you are looking for...but dont try to tell me that an LSx is better than the audi 4.2, its one of the best motors ever made. I dont think it weights more. Not to mention pushrods are fail, its fucking 2009 people! That motor stock makes 420, I can almost guarantee that it will respond better to mods than an LS1, its just that since it uses the latest tech, shits more expensive to mod, and it wouldn't make any sense to put that in an rx7, it belongs in an R8/RS4.

The Audi motor may be more TECHNICALLY up to date, but for brute power, its easier to do work the the Pushrod POS LSx.

I witnessed a small block make 700na WHP running like ass, through a fucking carb! I was standing on the dyno for it-its pure shenanigans. Pushrods, and a cab-fresh out of 1965.

The Audi motor may be more TECHNICALLY up to date, but for brute power, its easier to do work the the Pushrod POS LSx.

I witnessed a small block make 700na WHP running like ass, through a fucking carb! I was standing on the dyno for it-its pure shenanigans. Pushrods, and a cab-fresh out of 1965.

Can't argue with that.

As always, you can't argue with the Don. Would I try and swap the 4.2 RS4 into a 7? NO. But it is definitely full of win!

:D