Fucking credit card companies

Buck531

We don't keep balances, but our primary cards are through credit unions. We keep our "legacy" bank cards (Citi, Target, etc.) active just for credit purposes, but rarely use them. Credit unions, though they can do the same unjust tricks as banks, usually don't. If you have the credit to open a new account, check out http://www.penfed.org - their cash rewards card is one of the best you can get. The rewards come right off the balance every month, no points, vouchers, rebates or other tricks. So far since we joined in March we've saved over $500.

http://www.telhio.org

Our rewards card is the bomb. Works just like the one mentioned above and we have business cards.

PM for details. :cool:

-Marc

If you have the credit to open a new account, check out http://www.penfed.org - their cash rewards card is one of the best you can get. The rewards come right off the balance every month, no points, vouchers, rebates or other tricks. So far since we joined in March we've saved over $500.

This.

I opened my PenFed account like a year ago and it saves me tons of money. Like 3%-5% back on groceries and gas. That's about all I used it for and I get a nice cash reward every month. PenFed rocks... :nod:

This.

I opened my PenFed account like a year ago and it saves me tons of money. Like 3%-5% back on groceries and gas. That's about all I used it for and I get a nice cash reward every month. PenFed rocks... :nod:

:nod: We put *everything* on there now. Always happy to be the people at a large table who pick up the whole check on our card and take cash from others.;)

Why the hell are any of you paying interest on a balance?

I get 0% transfer offers for 12+ month every week.

Hell, last card I got was 0% for 15 months, and didn't even have the usual 3% balance transfer fee.

Hell, I'm not even sure how many credit card accounts I have open now, but only one has a balance or an active card, and they haven't made a penny off of me.

Why the hell are any of you paying interest on a balance?

I get 0% transfer offers for 12+ month every week.

Hell, last card I got was 0% for 15 months, and didn't even have the usual 3% balance transfer fee.

Hell, I'm not even sure how many credit card accounts I have open now, but only one has a balance or an active card, and they haven't made a penny off of me.

I'd love to get another card and transfer the balances. Trust me. I've tried

Debt to income ratio is the failboat here.

Just one more plug for the PenFed card: I just got my monthly cash back and they credited me almost $50 for my purchases last month! :eek: I get 2% cash back on supermarket purchases, 5% cash back from gas purchases paid at the pump, and 1.25% cash back from all other purchases. So that's like almost a tank and a half of gas for free, per month, for my Contour, just by using this card... :cool:

Yup. :) We bought airline tickets and got 5% back on those, just because they felt like it and were running a deal. Booked a hotel and got 5% too under a different special they were running. How cool.