Forza 3 or Need for Speed Shift...Which to Buy?

EVILGTP98

Actually it totally depends on what kind of game you are looking for. Are you looking for a realistic, physics-simulation. Or do you prefer the more forgiving, and more visceral, arcade style of racing.

I am getting Forza.

Forza 3 hands down

Actually it totally depends on what kind of game you are looking for. Are you looking for a realistic, physics-simulation. Or do you prefer the more forgiving, and more visceral, arcade style of racing.

I am getting Forza.

:) you both are going down next week!!! im going to find me a off the wall car like my bug to embaress you kids muahahah

btw when the came comes out we usually have 4-8 people from cr racing eachother in a private match so post your gamer tags up when u get the game an we can race

i have been playing both, and i already knew which one i liked better

Forza 3 BY FAR!

Shift's physics are whack, the game can be fun, and looks good, but F3 all day!

considering i have not seen anyone from CR with Shift even in their gamerscore catalog when i'm online, if you play Shift you will most likely only find my Gamertag with all the records on there, not that it would have mattered, go look at the F3 demo, i own all those records as well ;)

i have been playing both, and i already knew which one i liked better

Forza 3 BY FAR!

Shift's physics are whack, the game can be fun, and looks good, but F3 all day!

considering i have not seen anyone from CR with Shift even in their gamerscore catalog when i'm online, if you play Shift you will most likely only find my Gamertag with all the records on there, not that it would have mattered, go look at the F3 demo, i own all those records as well ;)

see my above post.. im gunning for you to mang!!

I've tried both demos also. You can see where F3 sacrifices eye candy for physics, and NFSS sacrifices physics for eye candy. As above, it comes down to what you want.

Forza 3 is a hardcore Sim with an arcade mode attached for the less dedicated.

NFS:Shift is an arcade racer with some extra sim physics tacked on to make it feel more realistic.

Personally, I'm getting F3, because I'm a sim nutter that likes to use real techniques to win. But I know there will be plenty of people who will feel that Shift is "real enough" and are willing to trade some unneeded physics for some flash.

BTW, F3 will have tire physics! I just hope it'll also have multiple suspension models instead of just one with different parameters.

Have you checked out the telemetry in Forza 2?

X2, I preferred the physics model in forza 2, compared to the GT series. Though the difference is negligible.

I think what he means is if the Forza and GT series are compared to PC sims like rFactor and GTR2, they look a little more "toned down" which I would agree with.

This I agree with.

I think what he means is if the Forza and GT series are compared to PC sims like rFactor and GTR2, they look a little more "toned down" which I would agree with.

Oh, I agree there. My point was that I think there's a hell of a lot more physics going on behind the scenes for Forza than GT. GT does a great job approximating, but Forza just outright calculates. Just watch the tire grip telemetry. It's calculating absolute grip and slip angle for each tire individually. GT just doesn't seem, to me, to be as diligent.

Oh, I agree there. My point was that I think there's a hell of a lot more physics going on behind the scenes for Forza than GT. GT does a great job approximating, but Forza just outright calculates. Just watch the tire grip telemetry. It's calculating absolute grip and slip angle for each tire individually. GT just doesn't seem, to me, to be as diligent.

I disagree, I feel the exact opposite between the two.