Another 3800v6 swap question

Rustlestiltskin

Well, I found out that my friends dads engine is a series 2 n/a 3800v6. How simple would it be to just swap the series 2 s/c 3800 v6 into the car??

Keep in mind that the n/a motor is blown so the top swap u guys were referring to in the other thread would not work. So how simple would this swap be and what all would he have to change/ alter for this to work?

Thanks a bunch, my friends dad appreciates this alot

-Paul

Depending on how you want to do the swap you have a few options, but IMO the best deal would be to get the engine, acc set-up, as complete as possible and bolt it in. The wiring differences that would be the same as a top swap, keep in mind that the engine blocks are the same so it really will drop in. Now if you get a complete drop-out from a S/C car the trans is a little different, but I believe the only major difference involves a different half shaft. There are plenty of write-ups out there for top-swaps and these are the only differences.

Depending on how you want to do the swap you have a few options, but IMO the best deal would be to get the engine, acc set-up, as complete as possible and bolt it in. The wiring differences that would be the same as a top swap, keep in mind that the engine blocks are the same so it really will drop in. Now if you get a complete drop-out from a S/C car the trans is a little different, but I believe the only major difference involves a different half shaft. There are plenty of write-ups out there for top-swaps and these are the only differences.

what this man said. if you are looking to do a seriers 2 top swap, or just getting an sc motor, the only differences are lower compression pistons, heads, and intakes.

He has a blown series 2 n/a in it right now. He bought a series 2 s/c complete engine off somebody last weekend. He wants to swap out the blown n/a and put in the s/c engine. So how does he go about it is what i'm trying to say. Is it basically a boltin deal or what does it involve

What's the car he's swapping into? What year/model did the new motor come out of?

Basically it's a direct swap but you'll need to get the conversion kit from ZZP to rewire a few things. There are a bunch of other little things you'll need to do to get it running correctly.

What's the car he's swapping into? What year/model did the new motor come out of?

Basically it's a direct swap but you'll need to get the conversion kit from ZZP to rewire a few things. There are a bunch of other little things you'll need to do to get it running correctly.

the sc engine is came out of a 98 riviera and he wants to put it in his 95 riviera which had a n/a v6 in it. both engines are series 2 engines

Hmm. The motor should bolt in fine. I'm not sure if the existing trans will hold up to the torque though. Since the trans that's in there is a 4t60-E (vac controlled), I'm not sure what you'll need to get it going.

You might be able to get away with just swapping the motor, flashing the PCM and I bet it would be ok. YOu might need to run a few wires for the boost bypass valve but that's about it.