Question for electricians

wnaplay1647545503

There are a few reasons bulbs can blow, the major one being cheaper bulbs. The elements in cheap bulbs are much thinner and any surge of power, however slight, simply breaks them. Always go for more expensive, better quality light bulbs, its cheaper in the long run.

A loose connection in the lamp holder can also cause bulbs to blow. This is because the circuit is not completed as tightly as it could be and the electricity may have cause to "arc" or jump across the contact, rather than simply flowing through it. When this happens it produces more heat in the fitting than is expected or catered for by the bulb, and the bulb can blow.

Start out by changing your bulbs to a mo betta bulb...

There are a few reasons bulbs can blow, the major one being cheaper bulbs. The elements in cheap bulbs are much thinner and any surge of power, however slight, simply breaks them. Always go for more expensive, better quality light bulbs, its cheaper in the long run.

A loose connection in the lamp holder can also cause bulbs to blow. This is because the circuit is not completed as tightly as it could be and the electricity may have cause to "arc" or jump across the contact, rather than simply flowing through it. When this happens it produces more heat in the fitting than is expected or catered for by the bulb, and the bulb can blow.

Start out by changing your bulbs to a mo betta bulb...

ive been meaning to give you a call, just been busy. ive had 3 CFL bulbs blow out in 3 months out front. the left side of the garage is still ok, but the right side and up by the door blow out within a couple weeks.

i guess my g/fs sisters new b/f (lol) is either an electrician, or has done that work, and said he could look at it, but 2 weeks later, still failed to deliver.

got any free time on any weekends?

My parents used to blow a bulb about every week on their exterior lights on either side of their garage (single bulb lantern style). They switched to the coiled up long lasting eco type bulbs and they have only replaced 1 in the last year.

ive been meaning to give you a call, just been busy. ive had 3 CFL bulbs blow out in 3 months out front. the left side of the garage is still ok, but the right side and up by the door blow out within a couple weeks.

i guess my g/fs sisters new b/f (lol) is either an electrician, or has done that work, and said he could look at it, but 2 weeks later, still failed to deliver.

got any free time on any weekends?

Hit me up whenever you need me. I am leaving for Louisiana on November 14th for work and hopefully will be gone for a LONG FUCKING TIME...Other than that Im free until then.

One cause can be floors that flex a bit too much, makes the bulbs unscrew and they aren't actually blown.

Watch for eco bulbs because they are meant to be with the coil UP. If you put them the other way the heat from the electronics in the base cannot dissipate and they blow.