Entry level luxury sedans

Buteo

Too bad you wont look at the 335xi because of one person's experience. Other than the high pressure fuel pump issue which many have, I havnet heard of any other major problems, and havent heard any issues with turbo or ECU. Its the fastest new sedan for $40k

buy a new car--just my opinion. if you're buying a luxury car, i wouldn't want someone's sloppy seconds. buy a brand new one with a 5 year/100k warranty. sure, you could get a used car with issues for cheaper, but part of buying a luxury car is making a statement, if you ask me. do you want that statement to be "i bought someone's used, farted in, car, because i could not afford a new one" or do you want to tell people "i can afford a new luxury car, look at how fucking awesome i am"

buy a new car--just my opinion. if you're buying a luxury car, i wouldn't want someone's sloppy seconds. buy a brand new one with a 5 year/100k warranty. sure, you could get a used car with issues for cheaper, but part of buying a luxury car is making a statement, if you ask me. do you want that statement to be "i bought someone's used, farted in, car, because i could not afford a new one" or do you want to tell people "i can afford a new luxury car, look at how fucking awesome i am"

:rolleyes:

Anyone that thinks they will look awesome in an entry level luxury car is retarded. Also, you can't tell EVER if the owner of ANY car bought it new unless you know them personally. A S4 or 335 driving down the road by a stranger is just that, you have no idea if they wasted 10k and got a worse warranty by looking at the car. And just because its a used car doesn't mean it has issues.

One of "those" people I see, NOTHING wrong with used. Is an old school 911 not making a statement?

Too bad you wont look at the 335xi because of one person's experience. Other than the high pressure fuel pump issue which many have, I havnet heard of any other major problems, and havent heard any issues with turbo or ECU. Its the fastest new sedan for $40k

BMW fully covers this. It's talked about all the time on Bimmer forums. People have brought in modded ones and they will still take care of it.

Says the doctor who is trying to justify his brand new Escalade purchase when he could have bought a 2 year old one for a little over half and had the same vehicle.

Used is the way to go with almost any vehicle (yes, there are some exceptions). Let someone else take the depreciation hit. At two years, you still get a factory warranty, and most luxo-brands offer an extended pre-owned warranty as well.

Says the doctor who is trying to justify his brand new Escalade purchase when he could have bought a 2 year old one for a little over half and had the same vehicle.

i will make ten times the cost difference between the new car and a used one now that everyone at the dealership including the owner knows who i am and what i do--and that i am willing to support local business. hell, i've already taken care of two of their employees and certainly made more than what we've paid for the truck so far

its personal preference. i will buy used cars all day long, but not in this specific case.

i will make ten times the cost difference between the new car and a used one now that everyone at the dealership including the owner knows who i am and what i do--and that i am willing to support local business. hell, i've already taken care of two of their employees and certainly made more than what we've paid for the truck so far

its personal preference. i will buy used cars all day long, but not in this specific case.

Luxury cars lose value like rocks buying used makes far more sense.

If it were me in your shoes, go look at a used CTS-V with low miles. 6.0l and lots of fun and style. Boost it later if you want to have some serious fun and not feel the newest model blues. They can be had for cheap compared to new.

BMW fully covers this. It's talked about all the time on Bimmer forums. People have brought in modded ones and they will still take care of it.

Yes, all pumps are warrantied to 10 years or 100k i believe. He said that he wouldnt buy a bmw because of ONE persons bad experience.. I was trying to refute..

the car drives like a piece of butter sliding down a knife ( a good thing)