Straight from the Soldiers. Possible tear jerker

Benner

Really touching video. Real sad hearing the guy tell about his story of his fake eye with his wedding band diamonds in it.

However, I'm sick and fucking tired of people putting shitty country/rock songs over top of these soldiers telling their stories. No, we haven't fucking forgotten. Stop reminding us.

I'm just glad TBI and PTSD are finally getting the "respect" they deserve as actual medical problems, and we are no longer being told just to suck it up and that there's nothing wrong. Good vid too. Def broke down hardcore, prolly a little different for me than a lot of others though.

I had a high school buddy die from a roadside IED two summers ago. Unfortunately I couldn't make it to the funeral. Watching the blast's is hard, thinking about what goes on behind the smoke is even harder.

Really touching video. Real sad hearing the guy tell about his story of his fake eye with his wedding band diamonds in it.

Selfish bitch doesn't deserve him, or what he's gone through to protect her.

There is no reason for us to be over there, period. We need to simply leave. Who cares if we "lost" or not...there is no win.

There is, you just don't get the truth. Maybe you don't care, but when you've spent upwards of 2 years of your life there, you would. No need to get into details about fucked up shit, but it's an eye opener when you have someone dying in your arms and there isn't a damn thing you can do.

There is, you just don't get the truth. Maybe you don't care, but when you've spent upwards of 2 years of your life there, you would. No need to get into details about fucked up shit, but it's an eye opener when you have someone dying in your arms and there isn't a damn thing you can do.

Agreed. And it's an eye opener when you're on a convoy through a city and the majority of the people come out cheering because they know that we are there to help them. Get them a better government. Get rid of the people who pay their husbands and sons next to nothing to plant ied's,and if they decline then they shoot them to set the example. I may not agree with the original reason that we went over there, but we have done good in that country. We have lost many good men and women, however we all knew what we were signing up for when we joined during a time of war. But anyways, it was a good vid. That 6 parter on youtube is really good too.

+1 for watching the documentary about it. It's amazing what the people of our armed forces go through on a day-to-day basis overseas. Reiterating on what is always said, we tend to glorify the war here on the mainland and think of it as almost a charade. Being over there.....I can only imagine the realization that one experiences with all of the situations that they are put through.

To the members of the military on here, I know it seems empty to read and methodical on we civilians' part to write this, but thank you all for making the sacrifices you have made for your friends, your families, and your country. Every day you wake up a member of a free, democratic society, it is a fruit obtained from these hardworking people.

To the members of the military on here, I know it seems empty to read and methodical on we civilians' part to write this, but thank you all for making the sacrifices you have made for your friends, your families, and your country. Every day you wake up a member of a free, democratic society, it is a fruit obtained from these hardworking people.

Can't speak for everyone, but as awkward as it is when someone says thanks (kind of hard to just say you're welcome, but at the same time what else do you reply with), I always apprecieate it. I just got done with 4 years in the Marines, and my wife is still an active USMC reservist and is currently in Iraq. But ya, just don't always believe all the negative that the news portrays. We ARE, for a fact without a doubt in my mind, doing good over there.