MY DOG IS BITING MY EAR

copperhead

I tried to sleep, every hour she would come flying into my bedroom and jump on me and try to bite my face. ARGH

So she got put in the crate. So she started barking. Outside, started barking. Back inside, shut my door, she got into a bag of beef jerky on the counter and ripped it apart.

She's getting a bark collar.

no pb on my nuts, it goes in the kong chew toy (the pb, not my nuts)

she now has a bark collar, this should be entertaining. It's only been about 10 minutes and I think its already working.

rangerturbo - she's about a year old. I've been sticking her in the crate when i go to work and she hates it. I just got her a week ago, and I can tell she's never had any kind of training before, so it's been difficult. So far, she jumps on counters and tables, rips apart whatever she finds on the counters and tables, digs holes outside, jumps on people, yesterday she was trying to eat the couch, is slightly food possessive, and has no concept of the word "no". Right now she's biting my foot and trying to eat my sock. I've given her a couple training sessions just trying to get her to sit and lay down, that alone has been difficult. Oh well, one day at a time I guess.

Crate training now will be hard. My opinion (which isn't based on anything more than experience) is that by ~9 months getting them crate trained is hard. They are now accustomed to sleeping with you, running free in the yard when gone etc etc.

I do find (even if some people whine about it) that shock collars are a GREAT training aid. Make the dog wear it all the time and zap when doing something wrong. Make sure you use a commanding tone in your voice when saying NO at the same time. Eventually, the dog will learn. Some faster than others, just depends on the breed and intelligence.

As well, the dog won't communicate you as the source of the shock, so no worry about the dog seeing you as an "enemy" for lack of better term. It will probably run to you if the shock is set too high.

Time and patience persevere. I have two well behaved labs (which generally are anyhow) that as pups were just as "playful" as your dog.

In fact, in the "show me your pets" thread, my yellow lab is pictured with the shock collar on, because sometimes while out in public, she'll still want to dart off to "visit everyone", got to remind her from time to time that's a no-no.

Exercise the dog. They are model pets after an hour at the dog park.

This is exactly what you need to do. Dog has pent up energy so it tears shit up. Crating it will only increase the problem and give it mental issues. lol

And no goddamn bark collar. Really? Let me put one on you so you can feel it everytime you talk.I wanna punish you for talking. Mmm. Punish you like a bad little boy. Take...

Uh... take that off the dog is what I'm saying. :D

This is exactly what you need to do. Dog has pent up energy so it tears shit up. Crating it will only increase the problem and give it mental issues. lol

And no goddamn bark collar. Really? Let me put one on you so you can feel it everytime you talk.I wanna punish you for talking. Mmm. Punish you like a bad little boy. Take...

Uh... take that off the dog is what I'm saying. :D

Bark collars are a training tool. I fully support their use for those reason's. My Room mate's dog used to bark all the time. Inside, outside, etc. I can't have a dog outside barking late at night. There's a VERY large difference between a person talking, and a person YELLING.

I'll agree with the energy tho. Mike's dog is still a puppy, and his other dog is kinda old and doesn't really frolic much. Go wear her out mike. Try a laser pointer.