03 Cobra block, look at this cylinder

BDHG940

Not disputing your info or anything, but I'd like to know where, and how I can build a Teksid for $1100.00, that will handle at least 700hp.

I stated it could be built for the same cost as the one he is looking at. As everyone states the one he is looking at needs new pistons, rings,bearings, main and head bolt hardware, bore and hone.

I have 3 teksid blocks, 3 cobra crankshafts and 2 sets of manley rods.

I'd find a cheap ass core with 8 holes in it, then I'd call Tousley Ford and order a new longblock.

How would this be better than building a shortblock with better pistons and the right clearances. That would also cost less!

Guest Removed
I stated it could be built for the same cost as the one he is looking at. As everyone states the one he is looking at needs new pistons, rings,bearings, main and head bolt hardware, bore and hone.

I have 3 teksid blocks, 3 cobra crankshafts and 2 sets of manley rods.

stop blowing them up! :p

How would this be better than building a shortblock with better pistons and the right clearances. That would also cost less!

Well Mr. Expert, why don't you ask the high horsepower single turbo Cobra's? I forgot you're such a fucking genius. I guess the guys that went through multiple built blocks, and went back to the only reliable thing (stock longblock) were wrong?

Yep, I never had an issue with the turbo seals. Those turbos have sat with barely any use since 2006, I don't know anything on them other than what I saw on my car.

If you want to PM him shit, try actually having a clue. I never ended up getting a pump because I changed the drainage system and raised the turbos higher. Jay inspected everything, knew the history of the kit and car, had ample time to see if there were any issues we weren't aware of, etc... Let's not discuss all the bullshit I had to go through with his "complete" Eaton swap that I still need to replace more parts on. Bad bearings, pulleys, etc... Try knowing the entire story before you get in other people's business.

Hal, I bought 04 Cobra heads and the blower is coming with them. Ill let it go for next to nothing. When I get it here you can inspect it and if you needed a replacement for your car let me know. Im going to pick the tranny and heads up at the same time in around 2 weeks

So far I bought the 04 9 thread complete heads, complete t56 tranny swap, and bought a Mach 1 block for $150. I pretty much scratched the idea on that 03 shortblock

I think just a cobra crank, decent rods/pistons and just get the car back together. Im not going to go completely crazy on it for now. I really want to get started on my notch and this screwed that all up so just trying to keep somewhat to a budget for the mean time

Its pretty Fucked up to accuse someone of being dis-honest like that FELLAS, especially when you Never got to look at the items in question.

I didn't read the thread so I'm assuming there was tons of bashing. You know how the internet works, so I'm just not entering into any of that shit. If you have time next weekend to tackle some of your car, let me know and I should be free.

Chad, I'm going to try to get some time too pull it off here soon. If I find that it's bad, which I'm assuming it is, I'll let you know.

I didn't read the thread so I'm assuming there was tons of bashing. You know how the internet works, so I'm just not entering into any of that shit. If you have time next weekend to tackle some of your car, let me know and I should be free.

Chad, I'm going to try to get some time too pull it off here soon. If I find that it's bad, which I'm assuming it is, I'll let you know.

I'm free all weekend. Let me know when.

Damn I missed out on those manley rods in that link, if anyone else sees a good deal on rods/pistons let me know. Pretty sure I just got a new cobra crank for 399 shipped off corral.

Anyone know what the mach1 blocks are good to? I know everyone is all about the Teksid blocks but what will I be good to with the Mach block?