New project

Comebackkid

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its always easy talking about 9 seconds but doing is a whole new story.

Yeah thats why I was asking about his setup. 9's are gonan require twin disk, 1000hp axles, monster turbo...its possible but it is not cheap at all. Ask Corey at Slowmo how hard and expensive it was to get into the 9's. I think that car only seen 9's 1 time and it went 9.9x

ill believe it when i see it.

+1

So what your telling me is you have atleast 8 1600 cc injectors? Cause thats what your gonna need to make 1000hp. Not to mention a turbo that will never spool lol such as a 42 or 45r?

What rods and sleeves are you going to be running in your built motor that is going to support 1000hp

Im not hating im just saying ive heard you talk about what you plan on doing and have yet to see anything you are actually doing. Prove me wrong, cause it will be one bad ass mofo if you do lol. Post up some pics son!!

I see you have a nice build going.

But i would like to just say a 1,000whp civic is nothing but a number really. you dont need 1000 to hit 9's in a honda people have done it with lots less. i be leave Slowmo did it under 700.

First problem i see is yea you might have a motor that makes 1,000whp but try getting the civic to hook it. FWD is a big challenge when it comes to traction. your car has to really be in tune with your motor and suspension, etc.

Im not coming in here to doubt you or come off as an ass hole but im trying to help.

Guest tbutera2112
And have you seen the price tag of one of NRG built civic? lol Thats one nasty car tho.

no i havent seen the price, he was just making it out like it was impossible, atleast thats how i took it...that any turbo big enough to make 1k hp on a dyno wouldnt be able to spool fast enough to be useful in a race

no i havent seen the price, he was just making it out like it was impossible, atleast thats how i took it...that any turbo big enough to make 1k hp on a dyno wouldnt be able to spool fast enough to be useful in a race

Yeah I figured, it def is possible with the right hands and $$, I am just curious to post pic's of the stuff.

I didn't say i was going to push 1000hp I just built the motor to handle it lol..I seen a 525 hp eg hatch run 10.1 so that would be nice to do. So right now until my axles and mounts and twin disk get here i'm just dreaming and hope and wishing.lol But i'm getting 4 1600cc injectors and aeromotive pump and lines so I should have enough to push 600hp for now..I'm trying to figuer out what suspension to run and still ride ok on the street.

I didn't say i was going to push 1000hp I just built the motor to handle it lol..I seen a 525 hp eg hatch run 10.1 so that would be nice to do. So right now until my axles and mounts and twin disk get here i'm just dreaming and hope and wishing.lol But i'm getting 4 1600cc injectors and aeromotive pump and lines so I should have enough to push 600hp for now..I'm trying to figuer out what suspension to run and still ride ok on the street.

A good set up coilovers? You can find a decent pair for around 1500

Your gonna need an injector driver for those 1,600cc injectors. Peak and Hold injectors are finicky especially for idle. Or you could look into some Injector Dynamics 1,000cc Saturated injector and turn the psi up on a adjustable fuel pressure regulator.

http://blog.evans-tuning.com/2009/01/19/bosch-1000cc-saturated-injectors-introductory-special/ here is some info on the injector.

They also have a 2,200cc injector if needed.;)

as of suspension its really up to you. there is alot of great kits out there. I run AMR on my integra a little bit more pricey then most would pay but i have my reasons. Function and Form is a personal fav of mine so is the Buddy Club. both of those types have rode great in my personal experience. You will just have to look around and see what interest you and what research you can find.

Will do i was just thinking about putting the motor in with stock parts just to break the motor in for 1k miles or so before boosted

Well alot of people argue on different break in methods. you can put everything together turbo and all and break it in on the dyno. Alot of people say seating the rings is the most important to engine break in and when they are seated you are good to go. although other people recommend 500mile driving easy.

If i was you personally i would talk to a reputability engine building shop and ask them what they recommend. I know most will say use a good engine break in oil for the first 1000miles.

As far as Stock and LS/Vtec goes their is no such thing since its not a stock engine. you cant simply throw a stock ecu in and drive it. most common breaking of a LS/Vtec issue is incorrect ignition timing.

Well alot of people argue on different break in methods. you can put everything together turbo and all and break it in on the dyno. Alot of people say seating the rings is the most important to engine break in and when they are seated you are good to go. although other people recommend 500mile driving easy.

If i was you personally i would talk to a reputability engine building shop and ask them what they recommend. I know most will say use a good engine break in oil for the first 1000miles.

As far as Stock and LS/Vtec goes their is no such thing since its not a stock engine. you cant simply throw a stock ecu in and drive it. most common breaking of a LS/Vtec issue is incorrect ignition timing.

A good engine oil? Most people use shittys non synthetic oil for the first oil change. After the first oilchange if they have there oil analyzed, or cut open a filter and is clean they switch to synthetic . You never use a good oil for breaking in a new engine. You want the friction a non synthetic oil gives.