hALP! noo input signal?

Bam

so my desktop decided to be gay last night. come home from being gone all day, like usual left my comp on and whatnot, computer is running but my monitor says NO INPUT SIGNAL, and then just goes to a blank screen.

WTF? i've checked all the connections, what do i do?

Looks to me like your monitor works since you're posting on cr. :p

haha,damnit i knew i forgotsomething and someone would say something.

no this is just me on the interwebz, i memorized where everything wasand got lucky,LOL.

no seriously i'mon my gf's laptop,but I need my desktop working because I have open documents I need for school...

Seriously though..is your computer in sleep or hibernate mode?

Have you turned the computer off and restarted?

I dont know if its in sleep/hibernate mode or how itwould have gotten there,but yes i did turn it off/on multiple times.

Did you ACTIVATE it?

I don't know what you mean. It wasn't like something I could click on, it was the screen when you turn your monitor on for the first time, before it shows the windows screen.

Do i need to do something in the control panel on the laptop to make it view on another screen?

My computer had some overheating problems a few months ago, and whenever it would overheat i just lost all video input. Did the same thing your saying, would just say NO INPUT. I yanked my computer apart, cleaned the dust out, cleared out the heat sink etc. and its been running like a charm since.

FUCK, just tried a new monitor and cord and now nothing shows up on the screen....

wtf do i do, i don't know how to take my computer apart.

There actually... really... really simple. You could probably just find a diagram online or something and do it. Theres really not many parts. Motherboard, graphics card, sound card (if you have one), power supply, hard drive and cd drive.

dude, you freaking rock. it works!!! i ran to staples and got a couple cans of the compressed air, took the case off and sprayed alll over the place,who knew a little dust could fuck up mycomputer.

thanks again cr, now i'm gonna try my old monitor to see if it works and if i didnt need a new monitor anyways.