Need help picking a workout

Aaron

My wife and I recently got memberships to Urban Active and I started working out yesterday. I quickly found out that I have retained very little information about working out from when I was in shape about 4 years ago (Freshman and Sophomore year of college).

I would like a total body workout, spread out on 3 days of lifting. I will be doing Cardio 3 days a week as well for a total of 6 days a week.

If anybody has a link to a quality workout, or wants to share theirs, I would appreciate it very much.

My goal with the lifting is to gain muscle mass, not to tone or maintain. My goal for the cardio is to shed weight.

Thanks guys.

My best advice: talk to one of the trainers there. I have a trainer with Lifestyles. It may be a little expensive, but its totally worth it. He pushes me harder than I can push myself. The motivation alone is worth the price or admission.

My best advice: talk to one of the trainers there. I have a trainer with Lifestyles. It may be a little expensive, but its totally worth it. He pushes me harder than I can push myself. The motivation alone is worth the price or admission.

who do you work with? I train 2 lifestyle workers at my crossfit gym.

The membership comes with a workout consultation that I will be scheduling asap. Other than that, I don't want to spend any more money on the gym. We are paying off debt, and getting the membership in the first place was annoying because I wanted all of our spare money to go towards debt payment.

Which Urban Active are you at? I go to the one in New Albany, off Hamilton Rd. nightly.

PM'd. Polaris.

Looking for a more traditional workout right now. Something that I can do routinely to get me started.

ACK! Routine is the enemy!! I'll pm you later with some suggestions...

I appreciate the help.

What I am looking for is a workout for my entire body, that can be spread out over 3 days.

I am cool with having multiple workouts to rotate with. Such as workouts 1, 2, and 3 during week 1, then workout 4, 5, and 6 during week 2. Then rotating weeks 1 and 2. Something like that would be great, but I would like to have a routine that is written down so I can just take the sheet with me, and not forget something.

I guess that is more of what I want.

Great, thanks for the help. My brother is going to write a workout for me. He used to be into lifting hard core.

I will do some more reading and see how we want to tailor his workout after that. Thanks guys.

Like I suggested in that thread, follow the basics. Trainers are great tools, as are former "hardcore" lifters, but it all falls on you in the end. You need to be dedicated to the process and aware of the gains you are making.

Like I suggested in that thread, follow the basics. Trainers are great tools, as are former "hardcore" lifters, but it all falls on you in the end. You need to be dedicated to the process and aware of the gains you are making.

Yeah, I understand. My workout will not be anything too crazy until I get in the swing of things, and prove to myself that I can go on a regular basis. Then we will work on improving the "quality" of my workout. I need some sort of routine though because I tend to just walk around thinking about what to do next instead of just doing it.

My brother has a membership there as well, and we will be working out together. This will help both of us, and it will be easier for me to get back into things because he is a great teacher and will push me.

I appreciate all of your help.