I can has baller lunch?

TimTaylor751647545500

Roman Abramovich's Nello's Lunch Cost Over $47,000

http://s2.buzzfeed.com/static/imagebuzz/web03/2009/11/2/16/what-rich-people-eat-30334-1257197574-4.jpg

Russian billionaire Roman Abramovich's doesn't seem to be too affected by the recent economic downturn.

According to TMZ, the oilman and Chelsea Football Club owner dropped $47,221.09 on lunch at famed New York eatery Nello's today. While that tidy sum include a $7,328 tip, it neglects to account for the $5,000 Abramovich is said to have left on tip of it.

Abramovich also made headlines recently for installing an anti-paparrazi laser shield on his yacht (which also happens to be the world's biggest and most expensive).

Forbes lists Abramovich as the world's 51st wealthiest person, with a net worth of $8.5 billion dollars.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2009/10/30/roman-abramovichs-nellos_n_340781.html

Roman Abramovich?s $52,000 Lunch Bill

First, there was the recent soft-launch of his yacht, the world?s largest.

Then there was his purchase of a $90 million estate in St. Bart?s.

Now comes word of a $52,000 lunch in Manhattan.

According to TMZ, Mr. Abramovich hosted nine guests at Nello?s on the Upper East Side on Friday. The tab came to $47,221.09. He added another $5,000 tip (on top of the $7,328 gratuity already included) for a total of $52,221.09.

In an email, a spokesman for Mr. Ambramovich denied the bill was Mr Abramovich?s. He said Mr. Abramovich did eat at the restaurant but that the ?party spent no more than a tiny fraction of that amount - less than a couple of percent.?

A manager at the restaurant declined to comment.

The bill shown by TMZ, however, is rich with details?and explains how someone could rack up a $52,000 bill. The main culprits: wine and truffles.

There were the three bottles of La Tache, for $5,000 each (alas, the bill doesn?t give the vintage). There were the two bottles of Petrus, also at $5,000 each. And two bottles of Cristal Rose, at $5,000 each.

The food was typical Manhattan, with most entrees going for $50 or less. But the group had two orders of truffle carpaccio for $100 each, and three truffle taglionis for $585.

Is this shocking and abhorrent at a time when so many in the U.S. are losing their homes and jobs?

That is one way to look at it.

Another way is to thank him for being a one-man stimulus package. Beyond the lunch, I?m sure the Abramovich visit included plenty of shopping, hotels, drivers, nightclubs, and (perhaps) artwork at this week?s big auction nights.

And as a New York resident, I look at the $3251.89 tax line and have two simple words for Mr. Abramovich: Thank you.

What do you think of the Abramovich lunch bill?

http://blogs.wsj.com/wealth/2009/11/02/roman-abramovichs-52000-lunch-bill/

1 LG Water. $12 fucking dollars? They better be putting some X or something in the damn water for $12. Jesus.

I was at a bachelor party in NYC a couple of summers ago...We were at a killer hotel in SoHo and I saw a bottle of VOSS next to my bed with a card that said $15 on it. I didn't know what it was, so I told my friend how nice it was to have a small bottle of vodka in our room...he told me it was bottled water and I :lol:'d.

I was at a bachelor party in NYC a couple of summers ago...We were at a killer hotel in SoHo and I saw a bottle of VOSS next to my bed with a card that said $15 on it. I didn't know what it was, so I told my friend how nice it was to have a small bottle of vodka in our room...he told me it was bottled water and I :lol:'d.

:lol: I love VOSS. Good shit.

Guest Removed
your in NYC, on madison ave, water is $12. go to McD's while your there. our dollar menu, is $3 there. Last time i was in NYC, just to get around on the trains and bus's and toll's and shit, cost me $40. when was the last time you paid a toll, to walk across a bridge ? only in the big apple. and people wonder why new yorkers are always so agree.

^^^Did you miss the first post with it pictured?

on 2nd note, did they really need 7 bottles of wine for 6 people? I mean, an ENTIRE bottle of wine EACH at LUNCH?? PLUS a couple shots? Damn, I guess it was 5 o'clock somewhere...