Hubcentric rings - seized

zeitgeist57

I used aluminum hubcentric rings to fit aftermarket 18" wheels on my '00 Passat. After years in FL, I never swapped out to the stock 16" wheels and tires; there was no winter!

Now, the rotor hats have a little surface corrosion on them, and I can't get the rings off! If they were plastic, I'd just take an air chisel to them. I've tried my pneumatic tools to get them off, tried removing the calipers to get access to banging off the rotors...no luck.

Have not tried heating them, but I wouldn't know how to get between the ring and rotor hat to remove them anyway. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Throw your purse at it.

Haha, thats good stuff right there.

Luckily mine are plastic and I have not had this problem. If I am envisioning it correctly...you might be able to take the caliper off, and try to use the rotor to push the ring off. After giving it a good soak in PB.

Bitches are tight! Phuck u guys that never had this problem...don't expect sympathy from me when you can't get 'em off! :p

I'll try PB Blaster. Thx!

I've had sized rings on the Grand Prix. Stop being a wuss.

soak them in PB blaster and then use your air hammer.

Hose them down with a good penetrating oil and let them set a while, then just work at it they'll eventually come off.

soak them in pb blaster for a while....then bang the rotors off from the back side

Is there an echo in here?