Switching from regular oil to synthetic?

DSM1290

Guest Removed

if going to switch to synthetic, do it early , not in a high mileage car unless its been resealed, cuase you may have to after the fact.

never run sea foam in oil for more then a few minutes, in fact never do it. period

as far as oil treatments lucas is your friend...

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

as far as oil treatments lucas is your friend...

I just dont know about adding stuff that looks like really think corn syrup to my engine oil. My opinion is that giant companies like Valvoline, Mobil, Castrol, Repsol, Agip etc who dump millions of currency into oil research, knows what the hell they are doing.

Guest Removed
I just dont know about adding stuff that looks like really think corn syrup to my engine oil.

mix it with oil , then look at it...i have seen in worn engines, it help with oil pressure lose and so on.good stuff, you can also run it a gear oil right out of the bottle.

Guest Removed
That just sounds like a band-aid to a problem to me...i dunno

my buddy brian, ran this shit in his van for years...every oil change, one bottle of this went in. even ran the stuff in his race cars. and all of them still run to this day. so he had bee doing it for 7 plus years or so.:confused: and im not saying his oil pressure was below spec, it just help raise the OP, and all of his lifters stopped bleeding down and so on. just saying. shits not going to fix a worn out engine.

Edited by Removed

Guest tbutera2112
i added that shit in the cans to my probe to raise the oil pressure...it needed a full can every oil change, and when my pressure would start dropping to low, i would know its time to change the oil lol...its an aluminum can, with blue liquid in it that says 4cyl treatment, 6cyl etc

Guest tbutera2112
Hell Mobile 1 is not really synthetic anymore anyway right?

so...does this mean its not good to run in my car that calls for full synthetic? it says to run mobil1 10w-40 or saab genuine oil....but i heard mobil1 switched formulas, and my car was made in 04 so maybe its changed?

if mobil1 is no good, i think ill have to look into amsoil

so...does this mean its not good to run in my car that calls for full synthetic? it says to run mobil1 10w-40 or saab genuine oil....but i heard mobil1 switched formulas, and my car was made in 04 so maybe its changed?

if mobil1 is no good, i think ill have to look into amsoil

Its still a synthetic, just a hydro-cracked synthetic, not a true synthetic.

Guest tbutera2112
Its still a synthetic, just a hydro-cracked synthetic, not a true synthetic.

soo.....is it still ok to use it or what?

oh i sell amsoil now btw....just saying

yea this thread is actually why i was asking you about it earlier....get me a price on 0w-30 amsoil please...it cant be much more than the mobil 0w-40 im buying now...but if mobil1 is shitty now, i dont wanna keep using it lol

Switching to synthetic oil should not be an issue for any car besides maybe a minor oil leak.

Seamfoam is safe to run through a vacuum line, but I wouldn't do it on a turbocharged vehicle nor put it in the oil because it will destroy turbos and possibly oil pumps.

what should i run then?

Well my 2 favorite oils are RedLine and Royal Purple. Both are true synthetics, but I saw a test conducted on those 2 and Royal Purple outperformed Red Line slightly, so I switched to Royal Purple. I've heard good things about amsoil also.

Guest tbutera2112

http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a190/msmalls/DSCN5115.jpg

http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a190/msmalls/DSCN5114.jpg

http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a190/msmalls/DSCN5111.jpg

http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a190/msmalls/DSCN5112.jpg

correction.... 12k miles, and had 4 oil changes done so far

Guest tbutera2112
Oil doesnt get much better than royal purple...probably the fact that its a ford is what I'm going to put the blame on :)

yea, because you got nothing else to blame :p

03/04 cobra motors take more abuse than 90% of the motors out there...trust me, its not the motor

That just sounds like a band-aid to a problem to me...i dunno

For some people (not saying Rob's case is an example) if you don't do such a great job taking care of your car and that will fix it for some length of time versus getting a new car I think the band-aid is a better choice.

Example, years down the road if one of your fuel injectors starts to clog up a little, would you rather pay the labor/parts to pull the injectors out of your S4, or would you rather run a bottle of Techron in your gas tank to see if that clears them up. Then if it does great, if not then your only out like 7 bucks.

There are some good products out there that certainly help, they may seem like a band-aid, but they work. There are also a lot of silly products out there as well, but when you have a product that many shops will stand behind it might be worthwhile to give it a shot.

yea, because you got nothing else to blame :p

03/04 cobra motors take more abuse than 90% of the motors out there...trust me, its not the motor

This is my first time running royal purple, so we shall see, I'm just going on tests. I am also concerned about turbo wear.

Guest tbutera2112
This is my first time running royal purple, so we shall see, I'm just going on tests. I am also concerned about turbo wear.

i think next oil change im going to try amsoil

oh i sell amsoil now btw....just saying

MY dad buys Amsoil about every month from a amsoil dealer here in marysville he uses a ton of oil for his 05 volvo semi truck. If you can beat this guys price which I think is high we will start ordering oil from you. I will get the exact specs of the oil but its the diesel/marine oil Usually cost around 550-600$ per oil change. I also use amsoil in every car, its the best damn oil hands down its back by test after test after test.

Well my 2 favorite oils are RedLine and Royal Purple. Both are true synthetics, but I saw a test conducted on those 2 and Royal Purple outperformed Red Line slightly, so I switched to Royal Purple. I've heard good things about amsoil also.

Both of those are great oils, and so is german castrol green, the EUROPEAN FORMULA AND ONLY THE EUROPEAN FORMULA. I have gone through way to many threads on supramania to hear the same guy yell at people over and over. I.J. Over on supramania has been a nuclear chemist for over 10 years and has done a religious amount of oil research and whatnot. I listen'd to him and used euro german castrol green. I love it so far, car felt like it revved smoother, oil pressure was better (Not like it was low just doesnt take as long to get the psi up).

To close this up

RedLine

Royal Purple

German Castrol Green (European Formula)

All 100% true synthetics

EDIT: You guys can yell all you want about what i just said too, but im going to listen to a Nuclear Chemist over MOST (99%) of the people on this board.

Both of those are great oils, and so is german castrol green, the EUROPEAN FORMULA AND ONLY THE EUROPEAN FORMULA. I have gone through way to many threads on supramania to hear the same guy yell at people over and over. I.J. Over on supramania has been a nuclear chemist for over 10 years and has done a religious amount of oil research and whatnot. I listen'd to him and used euro german castrol green. I love it so far, car felt like it revved smoother, oil pressure was better (Not like it was low just doesnt take as long to get the psi up).

To close this up

RedLine

Royal Purple

German Castrol Green (European Formula)

All 100% true synthetics

EDIT: You guys can yell all you want about what i just said too, but im going to listen to a Nuclear Chemist over MOST (99%) of the people on this board.

They are all good oils but how come RP and redline did not perform as well as they are made out to be. The independent testing they did this year RP and redline still have lots of carbon burn off for a true synthetic, almost as much as cheaper oils.