Gahanna Police just shot my buddies dog

t-redjti

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are you an idiot?

Come on dummy, I said occasionally. When I water my flowerbeds my Jack Russells like to play in the water. Now once we are done I have to remove her collar so that it can dry and she doesn't get a rash. That is owner ignorance? Sure thing. No I was not there, read my post again. I said that they cannot just run around discharging firearms anymore than you or I can legally. Then I followed that by saying that someone must have been in iminent danger for them to have done that.

All of my dogs have tags and vaccinations, you want to see the Vet bills?

Oh and mine are kept in a fenced in yard that I check daily. Doesnt mean things cannot happen.

There are pieces missing here, I would just like more details.

I just find it hard to imagine a 7 year old Boxer hurting someone without provocation.

After reading through your ill logic and silly justifications, yes, you are an ignorant owner. I have a very friendly AmStaff and I would never consider letting him anywhere in public without a leash or tags, no matter if I have dermatological worries.

After reading through your ill logic and silly justifications, yes, you are an ignorant owner. I have a very friendly AmStaff and I would never consider letting him anywhere in public without a leash or tags, no matter if I have dermatological worries.

I am a bad owner then. Sometimes my wife takes off our dog's collar/tags. I don't always notice it and let him outside in our back yard unsupervised. The yard is all fenced in though and he is a wiener dog so he can't jump the fence.

Wow you are dumb. I said in my fenced in back yard . Oh an since you seem to be dense that is not public. So I am ignorant for letting my dog out in my back yard.

The point I think we are all wondering is what did this dog do that caused police to shoot?

Haze get a clue. There is nothing ignorant about having my dogs in my own fenced yard.

I wish the owner the best. No matter why, it sucks to lose a pet.

Wow you are dumb. I said in my fenced in back yard . Oh an since you seem to be dense that is not public. So I am ignorant for letting my dog out in my back yard.

The point I think we are all wondering is what did this dog do that caused police to shoot?

Haze get a clue. There is nothing ignorant about having my dogs in my own fenced yard.

I wish the owner the best. No matter why, it sucks to lose a pet.

I hope when I'm 32, I still call people "dumb" or "dummies".

You are ignorant to let them anywhere outside of your house without tags or at least chipped. If you aren't looking and they get out, then what? Will you just cry about how some random person, who is freaked out about dogs, thinks it's a rabid stray and calls animal control? Or perhaps you don't mind losing a pet due to stupidity and ignorance. Or even maybe your dog gets loose and bites someone's kid and there's no tag telling them that it had a rabies vaccination.

You are ignorant to think you have all possibilities covered.

Sad to here, especially for me as a boxer owner. However, there's something missing to the story. I highly doubt any cop would shoot a dog 3 times for just running loose.

Our 10 month old got out last week after the kids behind us failed to shut our back gate when they came in to get a ball. I was pissed, but then I also never put a lock on that gate. Now it has one.

She ran all over and I was serously afraid we were going to lose her and with no collar on, only a micro chip. She ran like a puppy/boxer and even with a crazy face run, I don't think a cop would simply shoot her.

In for the rest of the story though.

Ares 9.5yrs: http://www.pbase.com/timothylauro/image/118911557/original

Xena 10mos:http://www.pbase.com/timothylauro/image/116911792/original

alright i heard the whole story. Pretty much theres not much more to tell. The dog had been out for an hour and my friend finally realized she was gone. He called the police to report the dog missing and the operator told him what had happened. He walked two houses down to where the cop the neighbor and his dead dog was. The cop didnt say much just that it had "white foam around its mouth", if you know anything about boxers that happens normally. The cop also said that the dog was coming towards him, who knows what that means. I'm not here trying to bash this police officer, It was a bigger dog roaming, without a collar which IS my friends fault. I just think it could have been dealt with in a more reasonable manner.

My friend had to carry the his dead dog home, and then buryed her in the back yard under a tree. It just really sucks, He's just takin it real hard

My friend had to carry the his dead dog home, and then buryed her in the back yard under a tree. It just really sucks, He's just takin it real hard

Which is illegal BTW, if they ever sell the house and it's found out they can face some large fines.

i would have gone to his house and shot his dog three times, and made him leave a not saying it might have been coming at me because that is what dogs do.

Hell, i just returned a dog that got loose 2 days ago. A very big german shepard was out running around. It came charging at me stopped and ran back, it repeated it several times. Finally i got the animal in my backyard and shut the fence. Went inside got some biscuits and distracted the dog while i read its collar.

Contamination of ground water. It's illegal everywhere to bury animals of any sort.

Um... what about the animal that just die of natural causes out in the woods, are they commiting a crime by dying? I have cattle and sometimes they die, what the fuck should I do with them?

Still not the real story. Dogs get scared, he may have "charged" the officer. They can't just wait and see if the dog is serious about attacking or if it just wanted to sniff. The guy made a decision.

I kind of wonder how your friend went an hour before noticing his dog got out. Boxers should be watched a little closer when it's cold. I hate to see shit like this, but I'd say all parties are at fault.

Um... what about the animal that just die of natural causes out in the woods, are they commiting a crime by dying? I have cattle and sometimes they die, what the fuck should I do with them?

I don't write laws, quit getting your panties in a bunch. I'm just saying it's illegal.