Gahanna Police just shot my buddies dog

t-redjti

Still not the real story. Dogs get scared, he may have "charged" the officer. They can't just wait and see if the dog is serious about attacking or if it just wanted to sniff. The guy made a decision.

I kind of wonder how your friend went an hour before noticing his dog got out. Boxers should be watched a little closer when it's cold. I hate to see shit like this, but I'd say all parties are at fault.

He made a knee jerk decision. What if that was someones mom or wife instead of a dog???? They have more weapons than a gun for a reason. Deadly force is the very last option.

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Out of all the stupid stuff mentioned in this thread you pick a 2 day old joke to comment on :wtf:

Well, I just thought it was the dumbest one. PETA talks about owning animals like they are slaves, so if anything they would want to bomb the dog owners house that got his slave animal killed. I just got to reading this thread because I was out of town this weekend.

Another little tidbit, officer Nash the cop that shot the dog, had to be taken away in an ambulance because when he shot the dog he lost balance and fell on his back while shooting his shotgun....

...so you DO have more details?

OK so this cop was in a panic and had to make a split second life or death decision on weather to shoot this vicious dog who was getting ready to attack him , but he had time to get his shotgun and use that???? And then he couldnt even hold on to the damned thing. Oh yeah this is who I want protecting me.

Another little tidbit, officer Nash the cop that shot the dog, had to be taken away in an ambulance because when he shot the dog he lost balance and fell on his back while shooting his shotgun....

Sounds like something else may have taken place. I haven't known anyone personally to get knocked over shooting a shotgun. Why did he lose his balance? Was he being charged?

He made a knee jerk decision. What if that was someones mom or wife instead of a dog???? They have more weapons than a gun for a reason. Deadly force is the very last option.

Mace won't work on an angry dog, a taser isn't reliable on a fast approaching target, etc...

If my mom or wife were foaming at the mouth and moved toward a cop aggressively, I would hope the cop would aim for the head. Zombies are bad. You're trying to twist this, it's not going to work.

Mace won't work on an angry dog, a taser isn't reliable on a fast approaching target, etc...

If my mom or wife were foaming at the mouth and moved toward a cop aggressively, I would hope the cop would aim for the head. Zombies are bad. You're trying to twist this, it's not going to work.

I guess you didnt see the video that I linked in my above post. That dog was tasered and hit the deck faster than you can blink. Mace has the same effect on dogs as people. Some people can deal with being maced better than others. Some drop like a rock. And when boxers are outside playing they foam at the mouth. Im not trying to twist anything. Its already twisted. I have experience on both sides of this argument so I see both points of view. What that cop did was stupid and he should lose his job for it and face criminal charges.

I guess my whole thing is poor decision making by cops period. There is no accountability for it and it is bullshit. Its ok until something like this happens to you or someone you love.

Well, I just thought it was the dumbest one. PETA talks about owning animals like they are slaves, so if anything they would want to bomb the dog owners house that got his slave animal killed. I just got to reading this thread because I was out of town this weekend.

It was a joke.. granted it was a bad joke ( :p ) but it was a joke. You're right peda would go after the owner for letting the dog loose unsupervised. I wouldnt be surprised if they tried to bring him up on wrongful canine death charges or some mess.

This is bullshit. A fuckin shotgun? Ill tell you what it sounds like; liike some prick wanted to use his fuckin gun and chose a dog. Why? Becuase he felt he could get away with it. Foaming? Bullshit. That's not even always an indicator and anyone who's owned dogs knows that sometimes they foam especially when they're sniffing and licking around. Another thing, this is NOT THE TIME OF SEASON FOR RABIES. "Well, the cop didn't know." Bullshit, then he shouldn't be reacting with extreme force to a situation he is ignorant or uneducated about. This is NOT an officer I want using his piss poor excuse for a decision making brain with friends and family or anyone else for that matter.

The officer fucked up/is fucked up. There's really no doubt in my mind. The owner screwed up, though. The dog never should've been unsupervised for an hour outside. You gotta at least check on them more often. However, the end result does NOT justify the punishment. I would be in jail right now. :mad:

Actually it has happens all the time. My grandmother owns Heart of Ohio Boxer Rescue and she is always caught up in this kind of thing. Here is one she was kinda involved in, where a boxer was mistaken for a pit bull and tasered because pit bulls are illegal in Lakewood, Ohio. This dog got tasered and not shot though.

http://fortheloveofthedogblog.com/news-pdates/did-cops-go-overboard-tasering-family-dog-video

wow those police need to be shot. ok its one thing to taser the dog, but its a whole another thing to hold the taser on the dog for that long and than to taser him again. that cop should be charged with animal cruelty. i have seen videos of very viscous and aggressive dogs be handled a lot better than that.

wow those police need to be shot. ok its one thing to taser the dog, but its a whole another thing to hold the taser on the dog for that long and than to taser him again. that cop should be charged with animal cruelty. i have seen videos of very viscous and aggressive dogs be handled a lot better than that.

The worst part is that only one of them was a cop. The other one was the dog warden. The dog warden didnt even know what he was doing.

I guess you didnt see the video that I linked in my above post. That dog was tasered and hit the deck faster than you can blink. Mace has the same effect on dogs as people. Some people can deal with being maced better than others. Some drop like a rock. And when boxers are outside playing they foam at the mouth. Im not trying to twist anything. Its already twisted. I have experience on both sides of this argument so I see both points of view. What that cop did was stupid and he should lose his job for it and face criminal charges.

I guess my whole thing is poor decision making by cops period. There is no accountability for it and it is bullshit. Its ok until something like this happens to you or someone you love.

You have to hit the dog, not reliable. I thought you were smart enough that I didn't have to spell it out.

Mace won't work on an angry focused dog. The pain and irritation doesn't stop them, it simply makes it more difficult for them to really get what they are going for.

I know what boxers do, just because I didn't state that I've had them doesn't mean anything.

Why was it stupid? You don't know the facts. What exactly happened that made his decision stupid? What are the exact details?

It sounds like you are anti-cop with your last little bit there. Interestingly skewed vision.

You have to hit the dog, not reliable. I thought you were smart enough that I didn't have to spell it out.

Mace won't work on an angry focused dog. The pain and irritation doesn't stop them, it simply makes it more difficult for them to really get what they are going for.

I know what boxers do, just because I didn't state that I've had them doesn't mean anything.

Why was it stupid? You don't know the facts. What exactly happened that made his decision stupid? What are the exact details?

It sounds like you are anti-cop with your last little bit there. Interestingly skewed vision.

"I thought you were smart enough that I didn't have to spell it out"

I know your not trying to turn this personal. You better eat ur fucking wheaties if you wanna go that route with me bud. And I suggest you get some age and knowledge on you 22 year old ass before you start calling people stupid. I went through the police academy and did that route bud so I am not anti cop at all. I get pissed when that appointment get s abused, just like many other people do. If you cant have a decent conversation without insulting people then you have some issues of your own.

By the way what are your qualifications? What makes you an expert in Self Defense or even Dog Training? I have experience in both of these things so I am not just running off at the mouth. Your entiltled to your opinion but insulting me, because you dont agree with me, is not gonna get you anywhere.