Info on a Mercedes SL600 Renntech...

ZYUL8TR

I was at Kilkare when Doc took his Renntech out for *his* first ever run at a drag strip. First ever run, left off idle, did an 11.8 :eek:

Get the Renntech if you want to do 11 secs all day while listening to music, enjoying A/C and having your back massaged at the same time. Damn impressive car.

Guest tbutera2112
I was at Kilkare when Doc took his Renntech out for *his* first ever run at a drag strip. First ever run, left off idle, did an 11.8 :eek:

Get the Renntech if you want to do 11 secs all day while listening to music, enjoying A/C and having your back massaged at the same time. Damn impressive car.

that day was nuts.... no helmet, had a passenger, and had the top down....nobody said anything to him lol

PM me if you have specific questions .... I know a few things about these cars.

Cliffs:

RENNtech could mean about anything. Some people put a RENNtech badge on a stock SL600 with a RENNtech spoiler on it. Full RENNtech treatment will run over 75k. Best to find out exactly what is RENNtech about this particular car. Mine has RENNtech chrome Giovanna style wheels (10k), full body kit (4k), Stage 1 ECU/TCU upgrade (7.5k). The ECU/TCU upgrade literally changes only 4 values (limits) in the tables, but it gives you another 100 crank hp. I believe that buying RENNtech or Brabus is a rip-off, but buying a used car that's already had the mods can be a good way to go.

Price looks about right. I wouldn't get too excited about the car unless it has a CPO warranty, though. Your "bargain" will cost you plenty when the electronics begin to fail. Many parts are not repairable, they require a large unit be replaced.

I would advise strongly against buying one with the thought that you are going to do any engine mods/tuning.

Fun car, the proverbial iron fist in a silk glove. With the RENNtech chip you'll blow the doors off a new $200,000 SL65, and half the population couldn't tell the 2009 from your 2005.