Any Woodworkers here?

Rotarded1647545491

I am considering a few simple projects this winter, requiring laminating different types of exotic woods together, and may need some aid.

I have a lathe, and most basic wood working tools, but what I will need to use is a planer to achieve uniform thickness and perfectly flat surfaces. These pieces of wood would be no larger than 2" x 2" x 12" and there will be no more than 10 pieces maximum.

I do not want to borrow the planer, nor do I know how to use one. I simply need someone who can do this for me. Is there anyone out there who can help me?

2" high

2" wide

12" long

???

KillJoy

2 inches square x 12 inches long at the largest. May be significantly smaller, as in 3/4 x 3/4 x 6. These are actual measurements, not lumber measurements.

OH, and if anyone has a bandsaw, this would be a huge bonus.

Are you out in front of the bar in Hilliard every tuesday? My son has piano lessons at Colonial.

Yes, I play pool league out of Leap-n-Lizards. I've had home matches there the past 5 weeks in a row. I think we only have 1 or 2 matches at home left this season.

hey do any of you guys want a bunch of lathe tools. (forget what their called) i used to have a lathe in my garage and have a bucket full of tools. Free for the taking. the gouge was my favorite, got an assload of work done in a short period of time.

hey do any of you guys want a bunch of lathe tools. (forget what their called) i used to have a lathe in my garage and have a bucket full of tools. Free for the taking. the gouge was my favorite, got an assload of work done in a short period of time.

Are these just the hand tools, or are there lathe parts as well? ie. chuck, spindle?