Putting dry ice in plastic bottles...

prettyprix

You guys beat me to it. What the hell did you think was going to happen when you put dry ice in a sealed container? Why would you even think that was a good idea? Lastly, what would you need dry ice for anyway? Just because it looks cool when it turns to a gas?

People use it for transfering things that are cold, like specimin, ice cream, etc, where normal ice wont last very long.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You guys beat me to it. What the hell did you think was going to happen when you put dry ice in a sealed container? Why would you even think that was a good idea? Lastly, what would you need dry ice for anyway? Just because it looks cool when it turns to a gas?

Wow, you sound like a fun guy.

She did it because she wanted to see a bottle explode -- not to commit a terrorist act towards Capital. If she didn't know it was illegal, then why not do it if they were bored and someone brought up the idea?

I used to do something similar when I was a kid, I want to say I used baking soda and vinegar in 20oz bottles but I don't remember if for sure if that was it. Basically any combination that creates an expanding gas will make a bottle explode.

you are correct but it smells like ass..

When the school lets you come abck switch it up and put some of the cleaner called " the works" I think any cleaner of the same type will work but nvever tried it.. Andyway put that into a bottle and add little balls of foil to it... step back and watch it explode...

It is also pretty freaking loud..

Wow, you sound like a fun guy.

She did it because she wanted to see a bottle explode -- not to commit a terrorist act towards Capital. If she didn't know it was illegal, then why not do it if they were bored and someone brought up the idea?

Well, when you have people who say things like "I didn't know I couldn't do that", those are usually the people you don't want doing that kind of stuff. Don't worry about how "fun" I am. When people do blatantly stupid things and act innocent about it, I'll give my opinion. Besides this is the kitchen.

People use it for transfering things that are cold, like specimin, ice cream, etc, where normal ice wont last very long.

I know what it is supposed to be used for. I was asking why she was playing with it. She doesn't seem to be smart enough to attempt to play around with those kind of things if she wants to act all innocent about getting in to trouble with it. Someone sent me some steaks last year and the only exciting thing I did with the dry ice was put it in the sink and run hot water over it to cover the counter in a nice little fog. I guess my need to blow things up isn't the same as it used to be.

see, we probably wouldn't have been caught, but one of my friends decided to call campus police and tell them what we did :mad:

HOW in the fuck did you and your friends make it this far in life without doing something dumb to kill yourselves, like forgetting to breath? :confused:

little known fact about the 'works' bombs. you could fill the 2 liter bottle with more works, and more aluminum foil, and put a giant 'punching' balloon over the top of the bottle. once the chemical reaction occurred, the balloon would fill with hydrogen gas. tie a wick to the balloon once its full--light the wick, watch the balloon take off, and explode.

we used to take "the works" drain unclogger, and mix it with aluminum foil inside a 2 liter bottle. it would take about 5-10 minutes to blow up depending on how cold the 'works' was. loud as hell with plenty of time to escape.

I'm pretty sure that this was one of the reasons that drain cleaners went to sodium hydroxide and sodium hypochlorite, bleach. Used to be a semi-diluted sulfuric acid blend that when mixed with the aluminum created a nice hydrogen gas. Can't say that I ever made one, but I knew a lot of people that did.