Nice job Ford!

OSUGT

I rented a Ford Fusion SE this past weekend when I was in Long Island. I really liked the car, except for all the stupid chimes. Everything from opening a door to your seat belt to the indicators all reminded me of Atari 2600 games. It may sound silly, but when you're driving on the L.I.E. you use your indicator A LOT.

That was my only quibble, really. Great driving dynamics, solid feel, quality throughout, and it's available in a 6-speed manual??? Definitely a fan.

GM has disappointed me enough, though I'll hold out hope for the new Chevy Cruze and the Corvette is always a winner in my book. I'll definitely be looking at Ford for my next car...

Guest Removed
You can not get a V6 with a manual in the Fusion.

just stfu already....

read http://jalopnik.com/5092234/2010-ford-fusion-sport

On the mechanical side the Fusion is much improved, with upgrades to the four cylinder, the V6, the transmission and the suspension. The base inline four gets bumped up from 2.3 liters to 2.5 liters along with output moving up to 175 HP and 172 lb-ft of torque. That engine can be had with a six speed automatic transmission or a six speed manual (Let us take a moment to declare "Woo Hoo!). That I4 combo package gets at least five miles per gallon better fuel economy than the outgoing 2.3 liter.

now what was it you was saying?

Probably from the Honda jock swinging Car and Driver magazine. :jerkit:

Nope it was an article on Yahoo autos.....only reason I know is Yahoo is the home page at work and it was on the front for awhile the other day.

it was actually yahoo autos paraphrasing the tools at 'consumer reports'. i hear they are a pretty good guide for electronics and the like, but their auto section has always sucked(when the new toyota was released, they gave it a predicted reliability rating of 'very good'. what a fucking joke that turned out to be).

SHO the Fusion and I'd consider one. Drove an SE Sport as a rental and it was very nice. Good pep for the V6 in it. All said though, I'd want an SHO version pimped out to consider it..but I would.

The MazdaSpeed 6 drivetrain under the Fusion would make a nice quick-to-production SHO.