i want a free phone

AJ

https://www.safelinkwireless.com/EnrollmentPublic/home.aspx

where is the insentive to find work and pay your own bills when you keep getting stuff handed to you?

e-mail i got the link from

I had a former employee call me earlier today inquiring about a job,

> and at the end of the conversation he gave me his phone

> number. I asked the former employee if this was a new cell

> phone number and he told me yes this was his “Obama

> phone.” I asked him what an “Obama phone” was and he

> went on to say that welfare recipients are now eligible to

> receive (1) a FREE new phone and (2) approx 70 minutes of

> FREE minutes every month. I was a little skeptical so I

> Googled it and low and behold he was telling the truth. TAX

> PAYER MONEY IS BEING REDISTRIBUTED TO WELFARE RECIPIENTS FOR

> FREE CELL PHONES. This program was started earlier this

> year. Enough is enough, the ship is sinking and it’s

> sinking fast. The very foundations that this country was

> built on are being shaken. The age old concepts of

> God, family, and hard work have flown out the window and

> are being replaced with “Hope and Change” and “Change

> we can believe in.” You can click on the link below to

> read more about the “Obama phone”…just have a barf bag

> ready.

>

>

>

> -Darrell Griffis

> Concerned & patriotic American

Phone subsidization has been available as a program called Lifeline for years.

Also contrary to what is suggested in the example quoted above, the LifeLine program is not an "Obama program" (i.e., one that was initiated by or during the Obama administration). LifeLine was implemented by Congress well before the advent of the Obama administration, and the SafeLink Wireless service was launched by TracFone in Tennessee in August 2008 and in Florida in September 2008, months before the election that put Barack Obama in the White House.

I was wondering when a new political thread would start, there is some serious shit going down lately that hasn't been mentioned on here. Funny how things work when shit is starting to go downhill FAST. There isn't a peep.

Everything seems fine to me.

I was wondering when a new political thread would start, there is some serious shit going down lately that hasn't been mentioned on here. Funny how things work when shit is starting to go downhill FAST. There isn't a peep.

Because cellphones are not beneficial to people looking for work. No jobs would ask that you have a cellphone, because they just aren't useful. That's why there has never, ever been a box on a job application for a cellphone number.

Because cellphones are not beneficial to people looking for work. No jobs would ask that you have a cellphone, because they just aren't useful. That's why there has never, ever been a box on a job application for a cellphone number.

Getting a cell phone through this program could be cheaper then having a land line at the house. The cell phone box on an application is irrelevant. I have never owned a land line and when anyone asks for my "home phone" I give them my cell number. They don't need to know and I don't tell them it is my cell phone. You call it and it rings and I pick up. What else do you need?

I think everyone must believe President Obama was able to manipulate everything starting from the constitution to Vietnam and finally ending with the coldwar with how people use NO LOGIC AT ALL in pinning blame on him. Do people even do any lick of research about this stuff? This same thread popped up over on columbusDSM and many of the same sentiments people are sharing here were there, until proven that this program is pretty much an emergency number only or for small important calls. It's like 68 minutes a month and installing a landline now a days is more problematic than setting up someone with a cheap ass cell phone. Plus the majority of people getting these are older individuals also.

OH MY GOD I GOOGLED THE DEVIL GIVES AWAY FREE MONEY AND IT SAYS OBAMA AND FORMER PRESIDENT BUSH DO THIS AS A COVER UP FOR GOVERNMENT ATTACKS ON THE USA AKA 9/11!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AJ, you're fucking simple.

Its totals about $5-$10 a month per phone from what I was told. I'd be more concerned with food stamps and housing than the cell phones....

You miss the BIG picture, and Jones pretty much summed it up. It's not that its only $5-$10 a month per phone, it's an extra $5-$10 a month on top of all the other nickel and dime shit we "give" to the "needy".

Whatever, we can just print more money anyhow.