suzuki

that dude

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

busa is 13 200- your buddy got a hell of a deal..so whats the disre of the big busa besides bragging rights

I could argue that the Sport Touring/Gran Touring/Hyper Touring bikes are the best all around bike....Not the 750, though I do think that's a great "tweener" bike as well. Handles more like a 600, with almost as much power as 1000

The big bikes are comfortable for bigger guys.....Not sure I'd be very comfy on a litre bike for very long, even though I would love to have a Repsol someday. Can't see myself doing some of the longer trips I do now on a smaller bike. XX, Busa, ZX14 give you almost as much handling/performance, but like you said......You can strap some soft luggage on & ride 500-700 miles without too much discomfort, & still carve the twisties way more than on a Gold Wing. If you wanna take it one notch further toward the touring, & less sport, then you move to the FJR, Connie, ST1300 etc

Unless your really slight of build, I don't think the same can be said about litre bikes & below. Just ask Josun about our Pitt trip.....He was dyin' on his 600 by the time we got home, and refused to go on the Jim Beam ride, 'cause it was even longer

Dude' date=' do you have any idea how fucking high I am right now? I'd probably talk about anything at this moment. If I eat all of these damn Oreos my wife is going to kill me. I can't stop and I'm almost out of chocolate milk. I'm gonna' have to bust out the ginger ale and that may make my cookies taste funny.[/quote']

:fruit:roflmao.gif

I like Suzuki motorcycles. It's the squids that ride them that irritate me.

DING!! Fries are done

Exception to the rule. Those boys are badass. They get paid for those videos

Not to mention the thousands of dollars of suspension work I've heard they did to those Wings, and the fact that they ride the Dragon continuously.

We know somebody who knows them.....but for the life of me I'm drawin' a blank right now who it is??? :confused:

As u know i love me some 750. I like it because head to head with a 600 i will pass them. Head to head with a 1000 i have no chance. But if u add many many turns the 750 will be a little more forgiving and will pass the 1000. It takes allot of skill to master a 1000 and not many riders can handle it. A 1000 for the street is a great bike,but if u want to use the full potential of a 1000 u would have to master a 250,500,600,750 first!

I could argue that the Sport Touring/Gran Touring/Hyper Touring bikes are the best all around bike....Not the 750, though I do think that's a great "tweener" bike as well. Handles more like a 600, with almost as much power as 1000

The big bikes are comfortable for bigger guys.....Not sure I'd be very comfy on a litre bike for very long, even though I would love to have a Repsol someday. Can't see myself doing some of the longer trips I do now on a smaller bike. XX, Busa, ZX14 give you almost as much handling/performance, but like you said......You can strap some soft luggage on & ride 500-700 miles without too much discomfort, & still carve the twisties way more than on a Gold Wing. If you wanna take it one notch further toward the touring, & less sport, then you move to the FJR, Connie, ST1300 etc

Unless your really slight of build, I don't think the same can be said about litre bikes & below. Just ask Josun about our Pitt trip.....He was dyin' on his 600 by the time we got home, and refused to go on the Jim Beam ride, 'cause it was even longer

:fruit:roflmao.gif

DING!! Fries are done

my zuki is set up to ride long distances and it has enough ass to get down the road when I need it to, and it's like driving my lazy boy.... comfortable and powerful enough... it may not keep up with the sporties or the power cruisers, but for the money it does what I need it to...best bang for the buck on a mid size cruiser....IMO

What's the top speed on a modern 600?? What's the fastest you can ride a motorcycle on the street? (or race track for that matter??) Take these numbers and compare them and you'll find that even the 600 is pushing the limits of control and skill.

While I'm not arguing any of the perfectly valid points you have here, personally the larger bikes are easier to ride. I love the low end grunt of the 1300 and can even start from a light with the female on the back without using the throttle. My normal cruising rpms around town are between 1500 and 2000. I recently took Rah Rahs 750 for a spin and stalled it at damn near every stop, and anything below 3500 and it was lugging. For street use and daily riding the larger amount of torque under the curve of the larger bikes just make them much more commuter friendly.

While I'm not arguing any of the perfectly valid points you have here, personally the larger bikes are easier to ride. I love the low end grunt of the 1300 and can even start from a light with the female on the back without using the throttle. My normal cruising rpms around town are between 1500 and 2000. I recently took Rah Rahs 750 for a spin and stalled it at damn near every stop, and anything below 3500 and it was lugging. For street use and daily riding the larger amount of torque under the curve of the larger bikes just make them much more commuter friendly.

I love the high speed whine of 15,000rpms.. :grin:

IMO there is no such thing as a "best" bike. "best" is arbitrary and subjective.

what makes something the "best" for you doesnt mean its the "best" for me.

the best bike is the one that fits you and your needs better than the others. a ninja 250 could be the best bike for one person, and a supersport could be the best for another...

your riding style and still level depends on what is the best bike for you. If you feel like a 600 just isnt fast enough, or just does not have enough torque for you, move up to a 1000. If you feel a 600 is almost good enough, move to a 750.

I just sold my 1,000 recently, I loved the bike, bought it new, my friends were racing it and loving the bike and cuz it was what I wanted ! I was fast on it and it fit me well ! Love it ! I got 2 more 750's and fell in love with the motor and power delivery. I think my 750 revs like a 600 and pulls like a liter bike !! Awesomeness !!!!!! If you look at it funny it will kick your ass !!! bwahahaha

Put that in your pipe !

Ummmmmmmm what happed between the time of the 1,100 and the 1,000's reliece in 01 ???? Did Suzuki stop racing ?

Interesting read for sure... Interesting how people take HP and weight and claim the 1000s gotta be faster.

Well... In capable hands, the 1000 is faster. That is a tough proposition.

Look at it three ways.

1) Experienced racer. Multiple years of racing 600s, 750s and 1000s.

That racer will go faster on the 1000 in terms of lap times. They will have to work extra hard on a 600 to get low lap times and be competitive. 600s are corner speed oriented and take skill to get going fast consistently.

1000s on the other hand are a fucking handful at race pace. They require not only major focus, but a lot of energy to ride hard. They are fast and handle great sure. But, they take an experienced pilot to run them at that speed with any control and consistency.

The 750 has been forgotten and it is unfortunate. A well experienced racer can make a 750 do great things. They are faster than a 600 and have the same dimensions as a 600, but lighter than a 1000. They are lower hp to a serious tune to the 1000 and take a lot of work to keep up with an equally talented racer on a 1000. That being said, they are less work. It isn't cake, but it is less and therefore, combining the handling ability, they can stay close.

Another way:

2) Track day rider of average ability. Typical guy at the track. A 600 is still tough to ride fast. It is the most user friendly and will do what is pretty much asked by it. It handles great and has decent power. But, that average ability doesn't allow the rider to tap into it 100%. Most experienced racers can exceed 600s to a degree...

The 1000 in the same hands of this example is a handful. Sure, it blasts down the straight and is quick out of turns, but most will throttle it instead of ride it. They brake early due to the increase in speeds. They tend to be much more gentle out of turns due to wheels spins and lower rear traction. They also have an issue with handling because there is an added gyro effect from the bigger motor.

Understand that most riders on 600s can do as good as the guys on 1000s...

Enter the 750. I think with the fact that it is a 600 chassis, 600 weight and more of a FX type of HP, it tends to be the best choice. It is easier to ride than the 1000. It is tougher than the 600 and takes some higher skills in the corners, but it isn't that far a stretch. It is typically 20 hp more than the 600 while the 1000 is about 40 hp more...

Final way:

3) Street rider.

Nobody on the street even gets the most out of a 600. If we are talking canyon riding and not two up and long distance, etc., the 750 would be the best choice.

The 600 is great, but needs to be WAY up in the rev range for peak power and usability. The 1000 is a great tool as it allows the rider to be lazy. Think 4 stroke MX bike vs. power band induced 2 stroke. However, that hp is tough to use. You get a little behind and get too aggressive on the throttle and you'll be in trouble. It just is a bike than can get you from fine to death in a hurry.

The 750 is capable of being easier to ride and fast. It is certainly capable of being right in front of a 1000 on the street due to the fact it is easier to ride and handle. It isn't something that is fuzzy and loving at all times - it can get you in deep just as easily. BUT, it is less fire breathing than the 1000.

In the end, it is a choice. It is based on ability. Too often we as a society think faster and more powerful is better. Not always and I see it every track day. I have been on bikes with over a 40 hp difference (lower) and been able to drive around guys and out accelerate and out brake them to the tune that they are never seen again. I have also been on a fire breathing racer and had guys with smaller bikes put me to shame. It can go either way.

Bottom line - it is ability and not so much bike...

On papaer, the winner is the 1000. But, VERY few people can ride them well. VERY few. All I can say is that when you see that cartoon when the Coyote is trying to get the RoadRunner and he gets on the rocket and when lit, his arms are pulled to twice their length and his body stays still? That's a 1000... Always wheelies in spots the 750 and 600 are tracking well. Always spins the rear to the point you eat tires two to one vs. the 750 and three plus to one vs. the 600. Always has me sweating harder after riding than the 750 did.

BUT, the shit eating grin I have when I come in is priceless. I LOVE the 750. Love it. Think it is the best bike all around. However, in racing terms, it is a dead horse. You ride a 600 or a 1000. Even at the street level, it is where the focus is.

IMO there is no such thing as a "best" bike. "best" is arbitrary and subjective.

what makes something the "best" for you doesnt mean its the "best" for me.

the best bike is the one that fits you and your needs better than the others. a ninja 250 could be the best bike for one person, and a supersport could be the best for another...

Well said and certainly true.