CCW questions

88lx5oh

i have been thinking about getting my CCW for a while, and now have finally decided im going to do it, especially with the traveling we do on the bike. so...

whats the best place to get your class done at?

what is the price?

Contact info for this place/person?

after the class whats needs to be done to get your permit?

cost for that as well?

what states does Ohio's CCW correspond with?

if i would like CCW for the majority of the 50 states how do i go about doing so? (my cousin who carries, said you there are 3 major states to get CCW through that covers most of the states, OH, PA, and another i cant remember)

for most of your information you asked:

http://www.buckeyefirearms.org/ohio-ccw-information-center

I got my CCW at OVO in Lancaster. Good teacher and since I live in Lancaster it was a convenience factor that made my decision.

Next fill out the paper work and get a PA Out of state Permit. Covers a lot more states that ohio deosnt and its a quick process.

It's really easy. Once you take your class (which can be done a ton of places for widely varying prices) just call your county sheriff's office or a neighboring county and tell them you need to come in for ccw stuff. I did it in Deleware county, and they were super easy and cooperative. Just fingerprint, get a pic snapped, wait a week or two and pick up your license.

CCW on a bike is a godsend, because before I had to open carry to transport a firearm on my motorcycle, and you definitely get some suspicious looks. I remember Utah CCW being really easy, and covering some more ground as well, but I may be confused.

heres where i went...guy is the chief of police for mechanicsburg, and its done right there at the station. you go to their outdoor range about 1/2hr away in the middle of the day to do the live fire stuff.

one day class, $65, its like 8a-8p. i was happy with him

CHAMPAIGN County

Top of Page

Tim Bostic

Mechanicsburg Police

18 N. Main St

Mechanicsburg, OH 43044

buckeyeguy142@yahoo.com

937-215-4770

12 hr one day Basic CCW Class and one of the lowest priced in Ohio Course is taught by Law Enforcement with over 25 years of experience, Class Cost is only $65

the class i took was the the instructor that teaches columbus police and their tatical division and had been doing it for like 18yrs and he charged $65. he had a lot of great information when he taught me!

His stories are awesome. Did he tell you guys about the dude he shot in the head?

the class i took was the the instructor that teaches columbus police and their tatical division and had been doing it for like 18yrs and he charged $65. he had a lot of great information when he taught me!

what does it cost to get the license?

i actually made this exact thread search. I used John Halloway from JCS Survival. really cool guy.

i called tim bostic, left a message, no call back yet.

anyone else have suggestions on who/where to take the class?

...?